Alternate Personas could be great if...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Cicelee Augur

But you can trivialize group content. Which is something alternate personas will participate in.

I pay $15 a month or whatever to have a box bard to drag the mage around if need be. Would I like to save $15 a month and an extra $35 a year to persona into a rogue/bard and have free reign anywhere and then persona back to a magician? That is a financial savings for anyone.
  2. Cicelee Augur

One main with ten alts means within six hours, 11 characters has 270 LS currency

One main with ten AP where AP get no lockouts means within six hours, one main has 2970 LS currency
    Kaenneth likes this.
  3. Cadira Augur

Because that's already facilitated much easier by capping one or two things like raids and missions instead of 100 things.

Plus, I'm pretty sure all mmos have lockouts on things, even if it's not missions or raids. Things that you "need"
  4. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

This makes zero sense. The alts aren't going to run the mission, but the alt personas are?
  5. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

We'll disagree, because you can't see any scenario outside the comfort of the status quo.
    Velisaris_MS and Cadira like this.
  6. Cadira Augur

I already acknowledged we disagree and even said I respect and understand that your view is different and that's ok. You've just been arguing for the sake of arguing lol.

If you want to beat the crap out of a game as quickly as possible, there's lots of options. Eq isn't one of them and I personally hope it doesn't become one. That's all.
    KushallaFV likes this.
  7. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Absolutely, I'm stuck in a meeting that could've been an email.
    Cadira likes this.
  8. Risiko Augur

How does that trivialize group content? You just said you do that today with a box bard. By your own definition, you are trivializing group content right now today with out an alternate persona.

Every time you reply, you make it more clear that you have no interest in the alternate persona system.
  9. Cicelee Augur

Someone in this thread doesn't want lockouts, and wants to have their main and (example) 10 alternate personas do 11 missions over the course of six hours. You asked what the difference between a main and 10 alts (on same account as main) doing 11 missions over six hours is, compared to a main with 10 personas and no lockouts running 11 missions over six hours.

Sorry if that is confusing to you.
  10. CdeezNotes Augur

And why is this detrimental? Who cares how fast they get their stuff. They put in the effort and grinded out dozens of missions. Why not reward them?
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  11. Cicelee Augur

So just completely ignore feedback from anyone who is not 110% invested into alternate personas, but might see things from a different perspective? As long as they agree with you and like your posts, all is good?

And for a second time, yes I pay over $200 a year for a bard to drag a magician corpse around if need be. My wife would love to have an extra $200 a year for whatever she wants, and for my mage to have a bard alt persona that drags the mage around and would switch at the new camp site under your proposed changes.
  12. Cicelee Augur

Ask a developer why it is detrimental. They are the ones creating the alternate personas. If I had to bet krono, I am positive they don't want one main character getting 2970 LS group currency every six hours. But that is me assuming.
  13. CdeezNotes Augur

So there isn't any valid reason why other than devs don't like it? Would be nice of people used arguments outside of some arbitrary justification of "devs don't want that."

Don't bring up how devs feel unless you know how they feel. There's no point of using baseless rationales.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You made a statement about lockouts pointless and asked the question about the point of forcing people to wait for those lockouts to end before they could do the content again.

The issue being that if you are going to have lockouts in the game they should be equally applied and not allow players to bypass them by creating more personas.

Personas share lockouts because in the end they are the same character that shares all achievements, rewards, and drops from a mission. They have added the lockouts to control the rate at which things like currency and items enter the game and not sharing lockouts on a persona would bypass all of that.

Either lockouts should stay in the game and be shared by personas or they should be removed and it won't be an issue for personas.
  15. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I'll be honest I didn't know that the expansion currency was No Trade on the no fun servers. Last I remember was the Remants of Tranquility being tradeable.

So glad, I'm on FV where I can trade everything.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It is very likely that if lockouts on missions got reduced or removed that the currency that is rewarded would also be reduced or removed as well. The amount of currency rewarded got increased this year due to the fact that there is only two missions that can be run.

While you might not like the reason the fact remains is that the lockouts are designed to limit how fast things are earned in the game and the currency reward is based on how quickly you can repeat missions and how many there are.
  17. DeadRagarr Augur

If instances have no lockout can open world named have 100% spawn rate? Because that's essentially what is being asked.

I say go for it. Hell make it the next TLP server. Its gimmicky enough for it and I bet people would love a server like it going by how much fun I had on mischief with loot pinata bosses.
  18. Pikollo Augur

To be fair I am guessing you'd pay for your bard regardless as I doubt you only use him to drag your mage.

Even if someone dropped a box cuz of persona many more would probably buy into the system if they had more accessibility. Which means more TLP players buying the expansion, more people buying slots etc.

Obviously just an assumption.
  19. Maedhros High King

other than the issues with special tab AA that hopefully will eventually be fixed, the number 1 biggest problem is simply the exp rate and awful grinding.
    The paradigm of the greatest chunk of exp being on first time completion of missions, mercs and partisans just makes the entire leveling process on a persona a slog.
    Don't site doing some of the first time rewards for missions mercs and partisans on your persona as being a solution. All that does is push the slog from your persona back to your core toon.
    Ozon likes this.
  20. Tuco Augur

agree 100%. These ideas would make alternate personalities a MUCH more compelling and fun feature and wouldn't have a lot of downsides.