Pet window

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by smash, Jan 9, 2024.

1. smash Augur

Could the pet get a window like mercs?
    Aanuvane likes this.
  2. Ravanta Suffer Augur

No. This is not something we need any longer thanks to /usetarget

(/uset for short)

It would be fun, but I don't like the idea. While I can't speak for beastlords because I've never even created one, mages and necros conjure their pets. When a pet dies, and they recast it, it is a new pet that exists. You don't even have to get into the lore of it...by default each (mage or necro) pet has a random name each time they are summoned and special abilities aside, they require a reagant.

But the main reason why I don't like the idea is what you are asking would literally be a way to give items to a pet one time, and call it done. You could even remove those items, even long after the pet is killed. Sure, this would open up a new dynamic for pet owners...no longer having to decide what is the best equipment they want to give their pets that they are willing to lose, into a new meta which would be ultimately be what is the best attunable/normally tradable equipment they can find. It sounds fun for the individual pet user but here is just one example of why it is an OP idea for servers that are at DoDH:

[IMG]

Another example that is from kunark would be steel-hilted flint dagger. They are primary/secondary and pets can and will use two lore items...it's a very powerful item to give to pets at this stage obviously, but way too much if they had no risk of losing it if the pet died.
  3. fransisco Augur

This is timely. There is a pet inventory function that just got put on test yesterday. There is no graphical interface for it - it can only list items and you can choose to destroy an specific item there.
    However the basic functionality is coming!
    Hobs likes this.
  4. Gialana Augur

It's not a window, but next week's patch is introducing the ability to list your pet's equipped armor and to destroy pieces of their equipped armor, if you want.