Pipe dreams for 2024

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Iven, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Paladin Augur

I like the nimbus key ring... it is LONG overdue. However, since they replaced the Shroud Tab with Persona in the Inventory window... and that there are all ready 5 Tabs on the Key Ring Window... I could not help but wonder if there was not some sort of 5 Tab Limit that, for some reason, they did not want to recode to allow for a 6th.

Allowing Bazaar Prices to go beyond 2 Million is LONG overdue.

Achievements do mean something now, if you want to progress the special expansion items beyond a certain point, as you suggest; and they all ready award special things (Items, AA's, etc.)... and Achievements are now, essentially also 'Flagging.' Now, if you mean Achievement point Totals... yea, they are bragging rights, but not much else.

Achievements & Tribute had their origins with the Wayfarer's I think? How about a progressive Wayfarer Vendor? Like some of the Faction / Flag based Vendors that only offer items after you attain certain Faction / Flagging? These Vendors would only offer items based on certain Achievement point Totals. These items will be new special items and / or old items that were only attainable by way of a one-time offering. I know there a lot of fun items of that ilk I'd like to have.
  2. fransisco Augur

I set my minimum fps to max and never have an issue.
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

How many do you have on autofollow and are they levitated or not?
  4. fransisco Augur

I only do 1 (only 2 box). But levitate will always fail and drop if your fps is set low.
  5. uberkingkong Augur

New UI comes with dps calculation. (need to figure in my box whose the weakest link so I can say "goodbye")

I don't wanna seeing all this clutter, just update the dps. Simple.
    I want to see DPS.
    I want to see stun message
    recover message

I sure as heck don't wanna damage shield and it doesn't show me how much I get hit. Who cares about the number my damage shield did, how much did THEY do, thats the question.

UI UI UI UI
    QoL QoL

They need to do more voting.
    UI, would you like to have a dps checker on it?
    UI, would you like ds to work this way or that way or that other way
    voting voting.

Too much discussion, simple vote solve all the problems and you blame community if they don't like it.
    Instead of the community saying why you do UI like that, thats wrong, I'm going back to the original.
  6. Marton Augur

Finally adequate thread for ukk :D.
    Iven likes this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I usually have either 2 or 5 following, and yes, always with lev (druid spirit of the falcon), unless the zone forbids it.

I usually don't have issues at all, except with 2 situations:
    1 - tunnels/corridors with objects sticking out (columns, torches, etc). Those are a real pain.
    2 - The group's stationary in one spot, usually fighting something, and there's a sudden need to move quickly to a nearby spot. If the leader's move is not straight in front of the followers, but to the side, that's when I get the "circling around the leader" mode.

Good hints for auto-follow:
    1 - Don't get too far ahead of the followers. Stop for a second or two periodically
    2 - Don't ever take turns/corners on the fly. Get to the turn spot, stop, wait for them to catch up and come to a stop, and then turn and continue
    3 - When making turns where there are obstacles, or it's a ramp and you want to make sure the followers don't fall off the side, overshoot it by just a bit, so that the followers line up perfectly with the turn. Then back up to them, make the turn, and keep going.
    4 - When taking ramps and things like that, move the leader in very short bursts, constantly keeping the followers lined up and right behind the leader.

5 - and when all else fails, run the mage there and CotH ;)
    Svann2 likes this.
  8. KarmaKitty Augur

Would it be possible to get something similar to the hero forge compression container that would work on a set of TS armor like conflagrant? Or is it all containers, drops and no drop results going forward? :(
  9. Mikana Augur

Fix the bug where, when a mob dies whilst you're zoning in, you see the corpse standing up and wobbling on the spot. Possibly related, where you zone in, and another PC is not displayed until they move.
  10. Kaelok New Member

I'd love to have a fashion tab for the og models so my ranger can still rock some of his Tolan's armor. Essentially let us use any equippable item as an ornament. I'd even pay for the slot if I had to..
    fransisco likes this.
  11. Angahran Augur

• Have the 2024 expansion complete BEFORE it's released.
    • Finish Persona's (and remove the non-combat zone restriction).
    Windance likes this.
  12. uberkingkong Augur

Surprised no logistical pipedream for anyone.

Have expansion ready before released?
    EQ is on 31st expansion while WoW has 9 expansions.

EQ is pushing expansion year after year, they must have a big team, lots of people on the teams, to continue for past decades to push expansions out.

WoW must have a tiny team, they hardly push expansions out.

Some of the dreams people mention, certain people have so much capacity workload wise.

Create the ideas,
    fix the bugs,
    keep app up to date,
    put in new changes,
    research how to implement new things,
    train new hires

Pretty hefty workload.
  13. Iven the Lunatic

Big team ? About 15 devs today.

Darkpaw Games team four years ago (2020-01-23). EQ & EQ II devs.

Yellow nose = EQ (1) devs
    Red nose = WoW dev
    Jonathan Caraker is missing, now also red nose.

[IMG]
    CrazyLarth and uberkingkong like this.