EQ raids are digustingly easy

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by uberkingkong, Jan 5, 2024.

1. Ythera Augur

I'm confused about whether you're arguing that the raids should be harder or easier. Your argument about people with less should do more seems like you're arguing that raids should be easier, but then later you say that they should be harder.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It still resulted in many players leaving the game because of raid difficulty.
    fransisco likes this.
  3. WFSBelaar Lorekeeper

If the long rumored level increase scheduled for that time went in, GoD would have been remembered as one of the all timers.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There are likely many other things that could have happened at the start of the expansion that could have helped a lot. The problem is that they didn't happen and we see how players reacted.
    fransisco likes this.
  5. Ravanta Suffer Augur

It seems to me you are trying to defend the opinion that raids are not too easy by reaching for a whataboutism.

There is no racing on beta raids. Beta raids are scheduled with guilds on an invitation basis and are hosted by a dev. The raids are tuned multiple times throughout the course of beta, as well the beta server is commonly reset making it a problematic scenario at best. You're actually proposing that people should consider the first to beat a new expansion that is not even ready on the very first day of beta? All kidding aside, it's hard enough for any game company to get an expansion in a workable state for its release, not to mention on day one of the beta. not to mention in some cases that I have personally seen , adjustments were made on the fly during the session with the dev. Even being able to access the beta requires pre-ordering the expansion, which not everyone will do at the same time. And then there's the reality that certain people have challenges getting their characters onto Beta every year due to confirmed scenarios of people trolling them with name reservations. It is also not possible to know when beta will even be able to be accessed for the first time, and this idea of a race on beta would have to include guilds planning for and taking into consideration getting the entire roster into the guild without any trolls impersonating people (who would have additional motivation to do with this proposition) This comment of yours about the first to clear an expansion could potentially be moved to beta has so many holes in it that I'll just stop with those...

You say that all of the guilds SHOULD complete the raids in the same time period...come on now. Look at the history of live clear times. I'll toot ROI's horn for a moment and point out they have dominated this aspect of EQ for so long that the race for second place is a multi-year meme in this game. Even taking a brief glance at those expansion clears will say one thing and one thing only...ROI did it by being better than anyone else, by far. Do you really think it is just a coincidence that so many other guilds just suddenly got good all at the same time?
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Guilds don't need to have a scheduled raid testing slot with devs in order to attempt a raid on beta anymore. Every guild is able to request and attempt every raid from a very early stage on beta and take advantage of this time to run the raid both for reporting issues and for learning how the raid works.

Sure there is no race on beta but there is also lots of stuff that is broken or breaks along the way as they make changes.
    fransisco likes this.
  7. fransisco Augur

There is more than tanking. What about multiple melee silences and snares while you have to chase adds which teleport. In a group setting you cannot carry the melee, cause you need everyone to squeak by. Its very obvious that the entire mission was half- thrown together without any thought about how people in group gear would manage.

A great thing for beta would be to not allow raid gear when testing missions and group quests.
  8. uberkingkong Augur

T1 should be easy, but not everybody beats em easy.
    Sure I said 27 guilds beat them.
    Those other guilds they just didn't want to raid that day.
    When they raided it was first try.

So we can go from day 1 to first try, day 1 sounds better, if they did it day 1 they'd win day 1.
    27 guilds day 1, a couple other guilds did it later but first try.

T1 should be easy, but everyone wins ALL of them day1. Thats toooo easy, disgustingly easy.

Like the other people said.

GROUP = difficult
    RAID = disgustingly easy

T1 casual named, its pretty tough still, can't just molo as a casual.

It's not like RAID, casual non tryhards beat ALL raids day 1.
    casual they get whooped on nameds day 1, whooped on still today.

Whose farming the T1 nameds, raiders, and selling gear.

Casuals they don't have natural gearing up. It's too difficult to do nameds in T1.
    275k HME isn't holding up.
    Overseer just pushes them to max level, thats it though.
    Go from 240k HME to 275kHME now max level.
    Hello T1 casual named, swiftly 1 to 2 rounded.

People forget, EQ.
    You'd be lvl 55 back in the days,
    you got some gear thats just bad. Like 30ish.

It's the same deal current day EQ. Probably got RoF, if they smart TBM (still long ways) gear like earrings or rings at lvl 125.

Meanwhile,
    Raids you just show up.
    Boom easy, disgustingly easy, everyone beat day 1.

Raids = EASY, disgustingly easy
    Casual content = Difficult

If you ask me,
    Casual game, Ankexfen Keep, needs to be toned even more, specifically nameds.

Track whose killing the nameds, raiders are doing it.
    Do they need that gear?????

Raiders got casual zones on farm mode. Raiders got easy, disgustingly raids.
    Its no wonder not much casuals left playing.

Raids are 10 to 15 mins long, all the raids done, well time to go hit up the T1 zones and put it on farm, since have sooooo much time leftover. Too easy, disgustingly easy.

Casual will be fighting a named 10-15 minutes or more.
    Raiders, "sup, beat all the raids, you still fighting that, oh oooh you wiped. I'll collect the loot, you can buy it from me in bazaar"
  9. fransisco Augur

One thing that could hugely help raids is more staff. Instaed of just the 1 dev who makes everything every time. More devs who know how to make raids/missions means more variation and ideas.

Also more content so that people aren't angry that they used up the content so quickly. Perhaps we should blame DB instead of fighting each other. Thats the real issue, they don't prioritize a large enough staff.
  10. uberkingkong Augur

I don't necessarily want more effort in raids.
    I think casual game needs more effort.

Raiders like 800k HME 125
    Casuals be 285k HME 125

The developers should be saying to themselves.
    What is going on, 285k HME, what why how? We neglected casuals too much, this is bad, we need to do something about this. No wonder why casual game is gone, got stuff TickTock murdering casuals and other people saying its easy.

One group is getting murdered, other group is this mob can't kill me, just too much heals and yeah I can afk kill this.

That system since TBL, that system sucks in casual mindset. Bring back RoF loot.
    People don't really handouts like TBM, RoF is the way to go, returners love killing stuff, and they need upgrades. RoF is perfect. Don't know why they go with TBL system, hot garbage.

This is a raiders era.
    Disgustingly raids, if you want the easy 800k HME, just raid, show up.
    Thing is not everyone wants to do that kind of stuff, can't force everyone to be a raider.

Another thing,
    disgusting easy raids, yet there is OPEN raids.

Pretty sad state community wise honestly.
    I............... Remember the old days.....
    community being helpful. Killing a named someone healing you, not trying steal your loot. People giving buffs at stones, they roleplaying they want to be helpful, not just GL buffs and good luck. Those people looked at you in the eye, shoot your back, I feel sorry, hope you get lucky.
    And most of all about old days.
    OPEEEEEEEEEEEEN raids.

nagafen easy, disgustingly easy in GoD era, open raids, PoP open raids.

You can say GoD era was bad, but community was pretty strong those left here. Open open open raids.
    Who wants to PoP open raids. Get gear! Lets get you geared!

No today,
    disgustingly easy, clicks only, guilds only. no open raids.

285k HME, tough, consider boxing, consider raid guilds.
    enjoying life 800+k HME raider.

Keep the disgustingly easy raids coming.
    I have kids. IF its longer than 30 minutes, thats tooooo long, I have kids.

Meanwhile casual doing named 12 minutes. I wish this named die long time ago, 12 mins fight, shoot I remember the old days, 3 mins was a long fight.

btw,

easy way to make raids hard.
    Seen the move Hunger Games.
    Not the fighting part but the walls going up and down. You gotta figure stuff out quickly.
    Thats fun challenge.
    EQ used to be mystery used to quirky get lost maze like then you run into nasty things or a raid boss. In raid setting these things should be random, should split people up. Need more talking. It's too silent in voice chat. Silent in voice chat because its too easy, nothing to say anything about anything.

Now its just enter a room and beat a raid boss within 5 minutes. Move onto the next.
    10 months later, well thats rotting all our boxes are full raid gear.
  11. Razorfall Augur

I've put this through ChatGPT. I have put hired an interpreter, a linguist, an exorcist, a cryptologist, a cryptozoologist, and a chimpanzee, and I am just as lost as I was when I first started reading this.
  12. fransisco Augur

Honestly I didn't bother reading. No comment on what you meant, just that you need to make your posts more concise and readable.
    Zarkdon likes this.
  13. uberkingkong Augur

Just a thought.
    Day 1 raids like 10-15 mins.

Once you geared, from T1 and later.
    Be like 9 mins done, 8 mins done, 7 mins, how long fast can you beat ALL T1 raid events.

Raid schedule
    3 hours
    20 mins done.

Good job everyone I'm giving you all back your 2 hours and 40 minutes your time. Have a nice day.
    Day 1.
  14. Cadira Augur

It's quite easy for a solid group of well rounded people to handle. Many have claimed to have a fairly easy time with it in group gear on these forums and you act like it just isn't happening. I even told you about my group geared group boxing it with ease. Maybe you're just bad or not bringing a solid group that the mission is intended for?
  15. Allayna Augur

My extensive work raid geared paladin is 630K HP, 408K M unbuffed. Currently standing in LI without ranger buffs @ 736K HP. With all the tricks/buffs out over 1 million HP.

My fully group geared, lacking the best of the best type 5s, type 7s, heroic AAs are casual @ 22/14/22, has no issues whatsoever tanking the current content. ~ 500K HP buffed, no trophies/trib/stat food.

So the nonsense 800K vs 285K needs to stop, it's a desperate exaggeration.

The only other thing I can gather from your rants is that you haven't raided since PoP and your server doesn't have open raids and perhaps you sit in discord by yourself, because ours never shuts up.
  16. Anjanax Journeyman

Sure, there is more then just tanking, but even melees arent useless in this mission. You know who is complaining about this mission in my guild? 6-boxers that arent able to get achivments because of the mechanics and they run around with group gear.
    Yes these missions are easy once you are 125, AAed and geared for them and esp. if you are know what happens when. And i did this mission with group gear players (me the only one that is raid geared.. but i'm a cleric.. that can be offset when you have the necklace at level 4). And as i said, the mission just needs tuning, Lich porting less (or at least only every 10%), Ooze AE, Spider single dot, Shaowlains Echos. But that looks like more of a "Oh, we forget to tune it down for group gear" then a real problem.
  17. Crashdummy Elder

How many folk have wandered through the inn, those doors that do not open and lead no where- in 12 months, will be to Tier 3 and Tier 4. Whether it is noticeably harder than this expansion, we will find out.
  18. Caisy Master

The T1 raids are easy. If one thing bothers me, it isn't that they are easy, but that they are tuned for like 4 or 5 groups. They are easily done with half a raid.
  19. Lorolgon New Member since March 1999

T1 LS was very easy.

How about this for an idea to keep all happy: hardcore versions of the raids, same event, but turned right up to the max (so just perhaps you 'have' to do the emote and not just heal through it) - win gets increased loot drops.
  20. Windance Augur

Hard mode has to be done naked. ( obviously because gear isn't important )

This makes tuning the event easy because devs know exactly how many HPE a level 125 character will have.

Hard mode has no beta information write ups. Players have to figure out everything.

Any guild that has a dev as a raider is disqualified.

Any failed emotes cause the raid to wipe or reset.

Winners gets bragging rights. ( no gear, coins, or anything other than a check mark ... because they get bragging rights and gear isn't important. )