Big Dipper stuck and impossible to attack

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dione, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Dione New Member

Category: Other
    Date/Time: Wed Jan 03 13:33:07 2024

Character: Level 125 Shadow Knight (Main)
    Zone: Timorous Falls

Target NPC: Big Dipper
    Target Location: -2143.13, -1127.13, -133.54, 61.00

Description: Big Dipper - named in Timourous Falls - is stuck in a black hole...
    It's impossible to pull it, move it, hit it (more than a few single hits) - but it can be bashed.
    It can hit you.
    Spells can only land from a very few locations - mostly it just tells you that liquid distorts... despite of being in the water next to it.
    In other words, impossible to kill while it can kill you!
    Raccoo, Fenthen and chronicler like this.
  2. Allayna Augur

Honestly if there is this much issue with coding pathing between water and land, maybe just remove the must be in the water to cast on things in the water restrictions.

There are still sharks in content dating back to TBS that do the exact same thing and every expansion with water mobs in between.
    Kendeth, Celithan and Fenthen like this.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Because raids put their healers under water and were able to heal the raid without taking any damage, so this is what we have now.
  4. Slasher Augur

Get out of the water and use something that moves it like divine stun or hates attraction. Sometimes they get stuck and you cant hit it and it wont move so ive found going above the water and using a knockback AA/Spell works.
    Celithan likes this.
  5. Iuwene Augur

Had the same problem, both on the named and the placeholders. Was able to atteck with pets and push them a little bit with push skills, so that eventually all could attack it.

Actually the mobs where clearly IN the water but I could only hit them with spells while being OUT of the water.

I totally agree that this stupid water/land line should be shredded, even if it means we get more land sharks again.
  6. Allayna Augur

I'm saying end the restriction, it would go both ways, you'd take damage "hidden" in water. I get old world didn't work that way, but let's evolve and not stick to old broken mechanics.
  7. Greymantle Augur

We ran into this as well, the fish appears to be in the water near the shore but was un-hittable from underwater. we moved up onto the land and were able to hit it. Odd
  8. Celithan New Member

Environmentally, the water areas need help. I've been in several zones where being outside of the water made it possible for me to hit creatures. In Thuliasaur Island, the fish in the south eastern coast started piling up for me making it impossible to hit them from my character. Pets etc, could slowly kill them, but I couldn't target them.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Timbuktoo New Member

Category: NPC [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Sun Jan 21 13:21:50 2024

Character: Level 122 Bard (Main)
    Zone: Timorous Falls

Target NPC: a timorous perch
    Target Location: -2208.13, -1166.13, -136.33, 487.25

Description: a timorous perch and also Big Dipper can get stuck in a spot in the water. They are frozen then and considered above ground because I can attack them from next to the water. had it happen 2 days in a row now.
    Yes, they are getting glitched in that spot and registering as out of water. I was able both times to take them down with pets and spells both by getting just out of the water just above them, and going to town. They don't even fight back when you do this. Had to do it twice now just to clear the mobs.
  10. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I think the 'center' point of the mob is *under* the water, not *in* it, as in under the ground that is under the water.

so you also have to be not-in (aka out) of water to hit it.
  11. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Yes, tiny fish being able to hit me while I levitate 10 feet above the water is a bit annoying.