In Progress Mobs become unhittable in multiple locations in LS

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Skecpa, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Shea Lorekeeper

I started another thread on issues with pulling mobs using a bow. Here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...nt-of-archery-misses-recently-pulling.295177/

I (and others) have noticed it can take quite a few shots to hit/pull a mob since the expansion when using a bow. At first I thought I was just missing a lot, but after further testing I see that I am neither hitting or missing. It is not the exact same issue that most of the posts in this thread are describing but it may be related?

With the ranged pulling issue, mobs are stationary at their spawn point. At range there is no warning message about not being able to see/hit it 'from here'. No line of sight warnings. Arrows can be fired and can be seen to fly towards the target. Sometimes you will get a hit/miss on the first shot, sometimes it can take 10-15 shots before you get agro, but it does eventually happen without moving/changing position.

Edit: cross posting in this thread because it seems it may be related to what is going on here but is not exactly the same.
    Fanra likes this.
  2. -Vitality- New Member

Still happening and not just in newer zones. This can happen in any zone across any expansion. Named today in UF mission had the same problem. He was able to hit and cast on us but we had to fade and try again before it allowed us to melee/cast.
  3. Froger Lorekeeper

I see the QA in progress. Do you need more information?
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

You understand that they've been vacation since the emergency patch last month. I wouldn't expect ANY sort of response/update on anything until probably next week.

You'll know when their vacation ends when tons of bug reports suddenly have dev responses in one day.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Tagging it QA in progress is a response. If they have enough people to do QA then all hope is not lost.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Pretty sure it got the tag before the emergency patch, so there was still someone hanging around at that point.
  7. Ratalthor Developer

Can anyone affected by this issue share some screenshots/videos along with locs of the targets and where they are standing? Additionally, what race is your player character and if you are affected by shrink, grow, levitate, or are mounted (what mount)?
    Svann2 likes this.
  8. Allayna Augur

I have various characters ranging from gnome rogue, half elf paladin, barbarian shaman, so varying from small to medium to large characters.

I don't use levitate.

I don't fight mounted. (No bash/backstab/slam/kick etc)

Sometimes I shrink, sometimes I grow, sometimes I stay standard height. (I grow for the Hero's Forge mission so I don't get stuck in the water during /autofollow) There is a spot in the Hero's Mission that the spider is unhittable until moved as a for instance.

There are several /locs listed in this 3 page thread of areas all over LS that have this issue. I often have to move the whole group, turn off pet attack, back the pets off and then the mob will come out of whatever black hole of unhittable area they are in.
    Fenthen and Silvena like this.
  9. Warpeace Augur

I /bug reported several as they were happening standing there being beaten on.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

I've seen it happen in Laurions inn, at the south west owlbear/broodmother spot. I've seen it happen in the pit fight raid on the kinda hill between where the 3 mobs spawn (so it's not just LS zones). Probably seen it a few other times but as long as mercs or pets have not stolen aggro by the time I notice, moving the mob usually fixes it.

The times it happened none of my buttons or attacks would hit them, but they could still hit me. It's like just their feet got stuck under the surface of the world or something like they were behind a rock.
    Cairbrae and Allayna like this.
  11. Febb Augur

This is happening in Ankexfen Keep in the goblin forts. If you pull a goblin down a ramp and try to fight them on the ramp, you'll get the you cannot see your target message.
  12. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

I don't have a loc/ss/video, but this happened in Final Fugue where one of the casters in phase 1 (hex/warlock) pathed randomly to an unhittable location and could only be killed with pets/Remote pets, non LoS things, until it decided to path again. It did not seem to matter whether we were levitated or not, or mounted or not, some were, some were not. It's that the mob is in an unhittable spot, rather than something we're doing to make it unhittable. Sort of like it's stuck in the geometry until it moves.

I've seen similar in several zones.
  13. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

It's not just in LS either, we had a grimling add in pit fight get affected by this
  14. Greymantle Augur

Have seen it in every zone so far including the mission zones. Just have to get the mob to move a bit to make it hittable again. It is NOT a LOS issue. More like the mob gets just a bit outside the frame of the world. like their feet sink into the floor making it so we cannot "see" them.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  15. Febb Augur

I wonder if this is the same bug where player characters are invisible until they move even though they don't have invis on. This bug has been around since China first started to build the great wall.
  16. Grau Elder

This is happening in pretty much every zone across the game. I just started playing again on Mischief and I've run into unhittable mobs that can attack you in basically every zone I've used to level up from 1 to 85.
  17. Yoda Journeyman

I thought it was just me, Have had this issue for the last week or so in various zones. Have to move a bit order to hit them.
  18. rahzel44 Journeyman

This is a problem for me the last month or two. Every zone seems to have this problem with mobs constantly going under the world when the try to go up a hill.
  19. Thren Lorekeeper

Killing Ph in several LS zones,, nothing hard,, just a grind,, waiting until named pops,, then suddenly,, in the same exact spot i have been killing in for hours,, I cant see my target,,, but hes right in front of me,, my heals are hott,.,, so I cant heal myself, but the mob can sure see me,, and hit me, mob turns on my mercs,, cant stop him,, cant re agro him,, chanter cant mez it,, mercs die, chanter dies,, then im finally able to grab it ,, because im the only toon left alive,,and I run with it to get it out of that spot,, never fails,, ever,, roamer comes up and Im dead,,getting really really old ... how about fixing some of the " new" stuff you shoved into game broken , like the 2 raids you just released where nothing works,, it is basicly a free chest ,, if Alt personas is the reason for such shoddy product ,,, how about not introducing something no one asked for in game again that would eat up manpower and resources and cost the " expected " content to be so bad.
  20. Froger Lorekeeper

Ive seen this bug in almost every single UF zone now.