/reported

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Conq, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Conq Augur

I am /reporting the spamming of Daybreak announcements for 5 TLP's unlocking content. Every character on every account has 5 boxes of advertisements for me to click off. Where can I opt out of this spam? WTB /ignore TLP spam, paying in Kronoz. Or cash. Or Venmo.
    Conq
    Zaray, Fenthen, KarmaKitty and 8 others like this.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

My buff boxes have literally hundreds of these. It's like Overseer conversions. Once you let it get out of hand, you lose all motivation to click them all off, since it will take a LONG time.

What they need is a "clear all" mechanism.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The Alert History system has baffled me because when you open the window (EQ button > Alerts > Alert History) there are no dates.

What person ever designed this window and shrugged, "Eh, good enough. Why would they need to know when these things happen, the 10 year old and 1 day old alerts are all the same thing, right?".
  5. Iven the Lunatic

We need an option to disable the receive of push messages per player character. There are already system-wide messages and the calendar for the important stuff.
  6. Toukan Augur

Amen. If I cared about those servers, I'd be on those servers.
    KarmaKitty and Nennius like this.
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

It annoys me to because I could not give two squirts about TLP. Was just wondering could you not just resize the window really small and move it up to some corner out of the way?
    Andarriel likes this.
  8. Moege Augur

Nope limited to default size, what you could do when it shows up again, rightclick it and choose Esc to close. Firs thing I do when I log in is hit escape and that window with its 20001 maybe 20002 (lost track counting) announcements disappears. Hit esc ingame so many times it does vanish.
  9. Iven the Lunatic

You can hide the shrinked push message window behind a pet window and others, or putting it outside of the UI borders, but that is not a general solution.
  10. Bernel Augur

You can resize it, but it can only get this small:

[IMG]

Moving it is a bit of a hassle. It doesn't have a title bar. You can move it by putting your cursor in a blank area to get the 4-arrow cursor, and then you can click and move it to a new location.

You can close the window by right clicking on a blank space in that window and selecting "'Esc' to close", and then clicking the Escape button while the cursor is in the window:

[IMG]

This is only temporary. It will come back the next time you log in. But if you moved it around, at least it remembers where you moved it.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

When it pops up, I put my cursor on the first item, click it, hit escape, repeat...just as fast as my fingers will go. Takes about 2 seconds to clear them all...because we never just get ONE notice at a time for these damn servers.

This is one of the MOST annoying aspects of the game and it needs to be addressed.
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I just right click window border> mouse over to Escape to close > select value, then hit escape when I log in and window disappears. Problem solved.
  13. Iven the Lunatic

The push messages (alert) window position can be changed in the UI ini files. UI_Character_server_CLASS.ini

Search for [AlertStackWnd] ! I am not totally sure if that is the right one.
    Then change the pixel position values for those entries !
    It is linked to the upper left window corner.

XPosWindowed
    YPosWindowed

XPos5555x5555
    YPos5555x5555

Another method is to just making it invisible ingame by the right click menue and activating click through.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks for the awesome tip! I didn't know you could hit ESC to get rid of the dialog box which pops up :)
  15. jeskola pheerie

It's super quick to clear these notifications and we have 100 things more important for devs to address.
  16. Iven the Lunatic

It is quick but the players have to do it several times a week and that since years. When you log to an alt, then there will be 4-7 alerts already waiting to be clicked away. Log to next one, same procedure. Beside parcels and Overseer, and maybe other routine stuff. On my accounts I have to click the AA window away after each login, which is also some kind of a bug. Maybe just happens to FTP, when the AA pool is full and no more AA points can be spent.
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

The picture of what your troll is doing is what i think of TLP's!
    Flatchy and Nennius like this.
  18. Fenthen aka Rath

19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks to Velisaris! I used the tip you mentioned last night, on my Bazaar mule. Cleared about 50-60 alerts in less than 30 seconds :)
  20. Tacoheals TACOBELL !!!!

To be honest i wish you could turn it off, because I don't give 2 flying ducks about TLP launches.
    Conq likes this.