[Suggestion] Allow us to opt out of TLP unlock announcements

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by I_Love_My_Bandwidth, Jan 4, 2024.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

At character and account levels, if you please. Thanks!

[IMG]
    Thunderkiks, WFSBelaar, Dre. and 16 others like this.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

Can we just opt out at the game level?

And if not, can TLPs get announcements of when a Live expansion unlocks ... and when the raids unlock ... and when each character finishes the expansion ...cause I think that would be fair.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea its annoying as heck wish there was a way to turn it off! I could care less about a tlp unlocking a expansion and such.
  4. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I don't know why it's needed in-game. Just keep it on the launcher with the rest of the news.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

And there's no date on them so if you ignore them for a while, you can have multiple "expansion opens on Server today" for the same server which makes them utterly useless.

This information would be much better on an official web page linked from the main webpage and game news page which could show where each server is currently on an expansion timeline that would also have either the rulesets for each, too, or links to a page for each server with that information.

If I'm on Live, I really couldn't care less about when the TLP unlocks, but I do think the information is something that should be more than in the announcements on the forums.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Can we resize them and make them very, very, tiny?
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

GET OFF MY LAWN!
    Tyranthraxus and Nennius like this.
  8. Mikana Augur

/agree - don't care to see any of the TLP notifications :)
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I don't mind seeing them, but I wish they would all go away when they are over.

They have no dates on them, so no idea of they are current. Logging in an alt 6 months after an event shouldn't see any of the events that have finished only current ones.
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Falien New Member

I just want a "clear all" button.
  11. Dre. Altoholic

Server-specific alerts need to be server-specific.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

ISWYDT. I don't have anything against TLPs. I just find the announcements about TLP expansion unlocks on Live servers to be more a nuisance than informative. Especially when it's on every character. It should, at the very least, be account-based.

Clearing that notification also saves some UI resources. The more windows open, the more resources it consumes....
  13. fransisco Augur

I was thinking this EXACT same thing.
  14. code-zero Augur

As a Boomer I have to say this is the most Boomer thread I've ever seen, okay?
    Rijacki and Tyranthraxus like this.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Seeing them doesn't bother me at all but I guess I am not quite at the "Get off my lawn you dang kids!" stage yet.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I wish that notification thing dropped stuff off after a bit. I never look at it and end up with a million notifications which makes it sort of useless. Unless there is a setting for that I am missing?
  17. Tyranthraxus Grognard

18. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I have the window sized as small as possible and shoved into a part of the screen I don't look at and so totally ignore it. It utterly defeats the intent of having announcements in this way if they're A) not dated and B) are so annoying most ignore them or delete them as soon as they appear.

If they wanted to have the information more visible they should have a timeline type thing on a web page dedicated to TLP information which could also include the rulesets, etc. and/or have the current unlock for a server displayed on the server selection screen. The only one currently that has an expansion indication is Agnarr. To add the expansions to the Server Select would require the text label for the servers would have to be updated more frequently than only when a new server is added and, I suspect, they don't want any extra effort which is also why there is no web page for TLP information.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Boomer is as boomer does.
  20. Yolan Lorekeeper

TLP's see live unlocks too. If that makes some of you feel better.