Neck evolver drop rate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zarkdon, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Badname3245 Lorekeeper

Why don't the two missions we have flatly add 2% to evolve regardless of its level like last expansion?
  2. The real Sandaormo Augur

9% drop rate doesn't mean you get 9 per 100 missions. Its still RNG every Mission not cumulative.
    The next guy might get 18 necks in his 100 so it equals out, you still have to be lucky with RNG.

I got mine pretty early so hard to complain lol
  3. Petalonyx Augur

This is not much of a concern compared to neck drop RNG/rate (the subject of this thread).

If we had necks BEFORE running 100 FF missions, which each involve 16 mob kills, we'd basically cut out the first few levels worth of exp anyway, without any 2% bonus.

Hunter alone is also a few levels of exp worth. And then collects if u actually farm the dropped ones is another few levels. Exp isn't the issue.
  4. Drakang Augur

I have now done 89 missions. Neck dropped 5 times I lost the roll on all 5. The last time I saw one drop was mission 57. Now you can all feel better about your success rate.
  5. Derka Power Ranger

I'm right there with you. I've seen 2 drop in 56 missions and lost both rolls.
  6. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

2 in 52. I didn't feel well one night, so skipped that mission cycle - my group got one to drop.

Fortunately, we have a pretty set mission group, so my odds of getting it go up each time.
  7. NatazzEvoli Elder

This should be looked at. Make it purchasable for 10,000 vouchers.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

We've been running FF basically every night since launch, and the HF mission now for serveral days. We've seen 2 necklaces drop.

The drop rate on this is absolutely awful. We were looting cloaks on alts by about this time in NoS.
  9. Sprooce Lorekeeper

I was getting a little stressed about the drop rate, wondering if I wasn't getting it due to having mercs in the mission, was it because I'm slow and take an intermission after the wraith, was it because my crew has a ftp toon, or because we can't disarm the chest... 36th run of Final Fugue yesterday morning and I got my neck. Little rare, devs!
  10. Krollos New Member

2 in about 15 runs in FF. Nothing in 15+ more runs of FF.
  11. Kalamos Augur

I'm at about 125 missions and seen 5 necks drop. 4 from FF and 1 from HF.
  12. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Got mine on my 3rd mission in Final Fugue. I think I've beat both missions a total of 7 times? Only seen neck once.

I wish opening the chest gave more neck xp. It's like 2% at 3rd rank.

This ^. I'm so glad I did hunter while leveling neck rather than just grinding neck. Last boss got me exactly 100% into the level right before Hunter unlock.
  13. Shea Lorekeeper

Had my first neck rot today. Nobody in guild was around/wanted a TA at the end so added an alt for xp who already had the neck.

With the rarity of these, it would be nice if they would remove the TA lockout on these missions for loot. I know that will never happen, but it sure would be nice.
  14. Zarkdon Augur

Got my 6th and final after 120ish missions.
  15. Belexes ForumQuester

2 boxed it 5 times, got 2 drops. :D
  16. Brickhaus Augur

And that's why no one likes you...

So ... you want your General channels to be filled non-stop with people selling loot out of a mission chest? Cause I'm pretty sure that's what you'd get...
    Silvena and Velisaris_MS like this.
  17. Shea Lorekeeper

General channels? what are those?
  18. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Honestly better than necklaces rotting while some people will still be trying to get necklaces 2 months from now, condemned to level them alone long after the new expansion rush is over and their progression/hunter/collects are done.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  19. Belexes ForumQuester

Not trying to win any ForumQuest popularity contests you know. :)

Just trying to add some balance to the thread. If you read this thread, you would think there was something wrong with the drop rate, when the reality is that some people don't pray at the alter of the RNG god. Convert now, or forever complain. :p
  20. Derka Power Ranger

I finally got my neck after 101 missions. That was the third I saw drop. There was about a 75 mission dry spell. HF then dropped another neck the following day. So 4 necks in 103 missions.
    Vumad likes this.