Happy New Year!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

[IMG]
    It’s time to usher in the Year of Darkpaw!

The Year of Darkpaw: An EverQuest® Celebration has officially launched! Here are the things that were released today! This is far from all, however, so stay tuned to keep updated on all the events!

The Orc Warrior metamorph wand is our first giveaway item, which we teased in the Producer’s Letter. It’s only available through the end of January, so be sure to grab yours before then! It is available per character too, so get it for all your alts!

[IMG]
    Orc Warrior metamorph wand

We are thrilled to announce the Anniversary Tower which will arrive in the game on January 17, 2024! This tower features 11 floors to be unlocked over time via quests called the Tower Trials. Each Trial quest consists of a task that sends you off to various places across Norrath to find a key that unlocks a tower door! Once inside, prepare yourself for a unique encounter you must overcome to collect your currency! Inside the tower resides a vendor with items you can spend your Year of Darkpaw Timeless Tokens currency on. You can earn these tokens the first time you complete each Trial quest and each time you complete a Heroic Adventure as well as completing the collection each month! The tower can be found in North Ro, be sure to look to the skies near the water's edge to find it!

[IMG]
    Anniversary Tower

[IMG]
    Merchant Miacallie Herlsas

Starting this month, there will also be limited edition items for sale in the Marketplace. January’s item is an Argent Clockwork Bear Saddle. Be sure to get this unique and beautiful bear before the end of the month!
    [IMG]
    Argent Clockwork Bear Saddle
    [IMG]
    Look for these special collections with a unique take on the "shiny"

While you're in the game, don't forget to find all the items in the January collection, Gnoll Essences (Blackburrow). Those special January shinies won't be spawning come February.

In other news, we will have an AMA (Ask Me Anything) thread posted on the forums where you all can post questions for our staff to answer for you. This thread will open for questions beginning on January 10, 2024, and remain open until February 14, 2024. So, start a list of things you might have wanted to ask so you’re prepared!

We also have social media contests, events, and more beginning later this month! Practice using #yearofdarkpaw now, as you will need it later! Be sure to watch all our social media platforms and forums to get some goodies and fun times throughout 2024!

This is only the beginning of what will be a stellar year that we have planned for you all for the Year of Darkpaw: An EverQuest® Celebration!

Be sure to follow us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.

2. SneekPeek New Member

Cool! This is really exciting. Thanks Dev Team!
    minimind and Angeliana like this.
  3. Kukaw Augur

I can't wait!
    Sounds fun!
    minimind and Angeliana like this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

This will be fun. Lots of work went into this.
    minimind, Angeliana and Hobs like this.
  5. Valcron Elder

That AMA should be interesting
    Angeliana likes this.
  6. Balfor New Member

InGame Item: Spirit of the Lost.. Does not work to Locate these"new" collectables
    Angahran likes this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

Are you actually going to allow people to ask "anything", or is it going to be moderated so only certain questions show up?
    Hobs and Barton-Vox like this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will you create a thread to post questions prior to the AMA?
    As we have for previous AMAs or will it be a free for all?
    Hobs likes this.
  9. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Did you read the announcement? Relevant section highlighted below to answer your question.

minimind likes this.
  10. Valcron Elder

Well the whole point of an AMA is that they questions aren't restricted. It's just that they don't necessarily have to answer the question you asked. My feeling is this the really hard questions aren't going to be answered, they will just be dodged.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  11. Lilfella Elder

Will the anniversary content be linked to Laurion's Song for TLP server purposes? Not sure how inclusive the Year of Darkpaw in game celebrations are intended to be.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Happy New Year to everyone at Darkpaw Studios and the EQ community.
    Angeliana likes this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I read it and it seems I didn't digest that bit. Might be an alcohol and sleep thing. Or I just got excited about an orc....
    Rijacki likes this.
  14. chronicler Augur

Since the collection is out, but you do not get currency atm, will there be backward reward, when the currency comes as, if collected now ?

@devs
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  15. Marton Augur

Anniversary Tower, new currency and a vendor, interesting ... but ...

You won't like my comment about collection sets. It's not fun to watch people camping spots and sniping collects the moment they pop.

I don't know what would be the best approach but these anniversary sets should work differently then regular collection sets.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The Collection set is out right now, but does not reward this, thus I quote the following question to make sure you see it in a timely manner and can reply timely as well.

One would hope so, but I personally am waiting to click my final one till after the reward is updated.
  17. Pintoy 3 Journeyman

When is the Argent Clockwork Bear Saddle supposed to show up in the marketplace? It's not there yet.
    Aanuvane and Barton-Vox like this.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

19. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Please check now! Enjoy.
  20. Xanbar Augur

Great. For quite a while I have wanted a way to provide positive feedback when things are done well. I often seem to notice posts where players express their dissatisfaction with one feature or aspect of the game or another. I'd like to try to balance that out a bit most of the time. I'd like to see a "tell us what were are doing right" thread.
    Angeliana and Nennius like this.