Heroic Stats over 4k

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thraine, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Lots of guessing going on. Just do a pars with 4k hdex and pour everything else into Hstr .... then parse with 4200 hdex or whatever it is you can muster up.

The numbers don't lie.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

So, your answer is to provide an answer that everyone should do their own parsing instead of just sharing the information that you have gathered.
  3. fransisco Augur

Its the most constructive comment in the entire conversation. People are waxing on about what if and maybe and zero evidence. Obviously evidence is needed.

Why criticize for stating that we need evidence?
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

I am not criticizing his noting the speculation and assumptions, I am criticizing his appearing to have a concrete answer without sharing it.

Case in point, this is what I see when I check my parse: the guy that mixes hDex and hStr usually outperforms us rogues that are straight hDex. When I have pointed this out on this forum before, it usually gets the answer that he is hitting his buttons far more efficiently than the rest of us (and there are 5 of us rogues in total). So, if Frog has evidence to support it, I'd like to see it. If the evidence points the other way, then the 4 of us rogues that don't do as well as this other rogue need to sit down and have a fireside chat as to why he does better when we are all hitting the same rotations.
    Grove likes this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

What's your basis for saying that? He doesn't say he knows the result. Absolutely nothing in his statement indicates he's done this.
    fransisco likes this.
  6. FYAD Augur

If you really want to increase your DPS, Learn2Play your class better. I've seen tons of people trying min-max hstats only to be lazy when it comes to pushing all the buttons in the right order. Arguing about whether to go over 4k or try another stat is like trying to squeeze blood from a stone. You're not going to get significant gains just by moving around a few stat points. But if you were more active in your disc and spell usage and better utilized your adps, your dps numbers will be much better.
    Roxas MM likes this.
  7. Sissruukk Rogue One

8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, your powers of logic are pathetic.

That's not what that means.

It means, if you do this, and get the results, you will know, because the numbers don't lie.
    fransisco likes this.
  9. Derka Power Ranger

Doesn't raising your HStr raise your attack which increases your damage rolls? So if you're already at 100% crit rate, raising the bar on your max damage would be the logical thing to do?
  10. FYAD Augur

Attack is compared to mob ac to determine the hit or miss roll only. Melee already hit at a very high percentage so there is not much to gain there. It'd be like going from 98.6% to 98.7% hit rate.
  11. Derka Power Ranger

You're talking about hit and miss chance, I'm talking about the damage interval scale (D1-D20) and the frequency of landing hits on the higher end of the scale.
  12. Thraine Augur

no i dont think Hstr has any effect on ranged non melee dmg at all. the best stat i can think to dump extra heroics in is wis since im always running out of mana, and get a bit of extra spell/dot shielding as a bonus /shrug
  13. Sissruukk Rogue One

You know, you don't need to make this a personal attack. What is it with you lately taking what I say personally?

When Frog says the numbers don't lie, I am assuming they has the data to back up what they are saying. When Frog says to test it out on a rogue with 4k hDex with hStr filling the rest versus a rogue that has 4200 hDex, and that the numbers don't lie, I am assuming that Frog has already done this test and has the data to back it up.

I get that Frog is saying for us to test it out, but what I am also saying is that Frog has come out with some specific numbers to look at (4K hDex + hStr versus 4200 hDex) to see the difference, which leads me to believe that they have already looked at the data.

Now, I could be wrong. I never claim to be right on anything on ForumQuest. This thread is full of speculation on how diminishing hDex returns effects crit chance. So, please, stop with the personal attacks.
  14. fransisco Augur

Say stupid things, get stupid response.
    Your dancing around the fact that you attacked people for saying we need real data to solve this. Let it go.
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

We do need real data to solve this. I also criticized, not attacked. Two different things.
    Sunawar likes this.
  16. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

No no. No. No, no, no.

Heroic Charisma, so that you can look fabulous while bowing.

[IMG]
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

I once parsed hit rate as bard and it was in the low 80s.

As a side issue, this was parsing the gains from accuracy augs and for a 6% accuracy aug I actually gained about 1% hitrate. Three different ones all about the same and all three together gained about 3%. L124 dummy, raid buffs, aria, warmarch, no aa clicks no aura, no dots, 1hr each.
    fransisco likes this.
  18. fransisco Augur

:rolleyes:
  19. DeadRagarr Augur

I can't wait till we hit Heroic stat cap 4K for all stats then create Super Heroic Stats which start at 1 and add extra .0012% crit chance for each Super Heroic Dex 100 points you have.

Gonna be lit.
    Silvena likes this.
  20. fransisco Augur

I hope this makes them reconsider stats so that anything besides hdex is useful. Imagine a world where casters cared about their stats?
    Silvena likes this.