Problem at EQ Traders Website

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Grove, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Grove Augur

Access is prohibited: Bandwidth exceeded.
    Guessing the new expansion information was a lot of data and more permission is needed.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Seems to be working for me.
    Andarriel, Grove and Fanra like this.
  3. Grove Augur

Funny, for me it had been down for a day or so, now it is back in service.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I saw the same issue- It was down for a day at least. Working now.
  5. Aanuvane Augur

The site itself does not appear to be having problems? However, the forums have been down for several days - I already made Ngreth aware, but I don't think there is much that can be done.

The forums don't have much posting traffic, but I don't know if there has been much attempted viewing. Since I got most of the recipes on beta and did not record them in the forums before putting them in the database, there isn't much to view there with regard to the new release other than a few corrections that have already been taken care of. Check out this page for quick links out to LS recipes. Unfortunately that does block out the tradeskill guides though. Some of them have been recorded into pages under the "Tradeskill Guides" link from the main page, but not all.
    Rijacki and Nennius like this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yes, I see the bandwidth limit now. I had been looking at one of the guides on the forums a couple weeks ago, and had no issues at all.

Hard to believe those boards exceeded any kind of a bandwidth limit.
  7. Aanuvane Augur

My guess was some kind of spam "attack" on them that might have caused it - but I really have no idea.
  8. Grove Augur

Many/most players can only start a new post on the forums but cannot actually write the comment. I do check the forums daily for new posts.
    Note, there is information in the forums found nowhere else. I refer to the jewelry charts posted long ago about making jewelry for newbies and lows that they must combine themselves. The charts supply the graduated power of the different precious metals and the enhancements provided by gems cut in various ways.
    Rijacki likes this.
  9. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Is the bandwidth shared with the EQ2 sister site? If so, there might have been a spike on the other side with the holiday content for that game.
  10. Aanuvane Augur

As we discussed in a conversation here - in order to post in the comment section of the form, you must enable insecure content by modifying the settings for that site explicitly. I understand if folks don't want to do that.
    Rijacki likes this.
  11. Aanuvane Augur

The EQTC forums are back up - I thought it might reset on the 1st.
    Fenthen and Rijacki like this.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

If it was a bandwidth excess usage issue (which is what it said), then that makes sense. :)