Neck evolver drop rate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zarkdon, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Allayna Augur

Saw my 9th neck today, I personally have 7, nearly 100 missions, so at or above 9% seems decent for a drop rate. Some people just have crappy RNG. Also, and this could or could not be a thing at all....but I use a rogue/bard to disarm every mission chest before opening it.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

50 missions here, 0 necks. You have extraordinarily fortunate RNG!
  3. Allayna Augur

For those that can get through FF but not Hero's, I will say my drop rate is higher from the FF mission than for the Hero's mission.
  4. Brickhaus Augur

From the thread, basing the drop rate on *one* person's anything is probably a poor idea. At your 9% drop rate, the chances for going 0 for 50 is point nine percent. I think there have been enough postings in this thread (and my own data) to show that you've been extremely lucky (not Tolzol lucky, but who is?).

The data posted here is still showing 2 to 5% IMO. Assuming it's on its own "appearance" thing (if it is bundled with other things, then it would depend on how and how many other outcomes there are).

And if disarming the chest has anything to do with anything, some devs might want to duck...
  5. Allayna Augur

I'm fairly lucky on all the evolving drops and I always just attributed it to the disarming of chests >.<
  6. Marton Augur

I'm now at almost 80 missions, with 4 necks. The only chests that contained a necklace were missions with zero mercs. Yeah, weird observation, I know, probably has nothing to do with anything.

Edit: Inspired by Allayna, I will try to bring a rogue to disarm the next mission chest.
  7. Spacemonkey555 Augur

I've got 4 necks to drop, always use 1 merc.
  8. scaethach Scholar

I don't think I've run one with a merc yet. I got my first one finally on mission 72.
  9. Windance Augur

I have seen 5 drops in 98 mission chests ~ 5% drop

Had a bad string of about 30+ with no drops. Was beginning to thing it was busted then saw 5th today.
  10. Aywendil New Member

I've seen 5 neck drops in 10 chests. Obviously a 50% drop rate for everyone who is this good looking, as good looks disarm the chest. It's either my good looks or amazing skill. #GitGudScrub
    Szilent and Jack like this.
  11. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I'm about to start mission 50. I have seen 1 neck drop.
    I am not wearing it.
    Sadface. =(

ETA: Mission 50 down. No neck.
  12. Magickon Augur

Saw one drop today in the very first mission I did! I didn't know what it was for so I did not roll on it.
  13. Petalonyx Augur

9 now in 112 missions (8%). Had a dry run of 40+ and a dry run of 30-ish. I've finally got what i need and taking a much-needed mission break!
  14. kookoo Augur

i neck drop in 80 + mission , far from having a 9 % drop rate
  15. fransisco Augur

I wouldn't believe it. threads like this always have someone showing up to brag about how great they are.
  16. Paladin Augur

2 in 36 and counting.
  17. Warpeace Augur

So is this thread proving or disproving a need for Dev intervention?
  18. Windance Augur

Hopefully, they take the complaining to heart and when they do the next 'rare' chase/grind items they do something different.
  19. Zarkdon Augur

I've just had my third neck drop (3/75 now) all three have been in FF.
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's proving that requiring the RNG be the entry point for an evolving item is just awful design, no matter what the drop rate is.
    Winnowyl, Szilent and Marton like this.