Is there any command to get into begin trader mode (e.g. /trader on)?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bernel, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Bernel Augur

The command '/trader' brings up the trader interface, but you still have to click 'Begin Trader' to actually begin selling your wares. Is there a command which can do the same thing, like '/trader on' or something like that? I have often brought up the /trader interface but forgotten to hit Begin Trader, so I stand there all day not able to sell anything.

Also, sometimes the /trader command starts in seller mode and sometimes it doesn't. That is, sometimes I run /trader and the trader window comes up with selling enabled and the button says 'End Trader'. How can I always come up in that mode?
  2. Brickhaus Augur

There is not, as far as I am aware. Whether or not your trader kicks into trader mode (aka selling) automatically was always a dice roll for me. Most of the time it happened I didn't want to.

Sounds like a good request for a special tag to be added to /trader command. Something like /trader sell or /trader on to go all the way into trading mode (or at least attempt ... cause if you aren't on the platform properly, it still shouldn't work).
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

i use /trader and sometimes it starts automatically but it either does or it dont.
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Bazaar and the trader/buyer/barter system needs to go away in favor of a market board / broker system. I never sell or buy because I have to use a live character to do it. Wonder how many others there are like me?
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I agree we need a marketplace.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Wow, interesting. I've been using the /trader mode for (however long it's been available). I have NEVER seen this happen. When I bring up /trader, I always have to click the UI button to start trading.
    Joules_Bianchi and Shanarias like this.
  7. Bernel Augur

I'm not sure how to reproduce it. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. It might have to do with using "/camp fast" while in sell mode. Perhaps the trader state is sometimes left in the sell mode and resumes that state when I restart /trader.
    Svann2 likes this.
  8. Aanuvane Augur

I have similar experiences to Bernel and Brickhaus - sometimes it automatically starts, sometimes it doesn't. I haven't figured out the rhyme or reason either - I don't think it's tied to fast camp though for sure.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Could be. I've only ever used "sell offline".
  10. Brickhaus Augur

I've always attributed it to my trader on the worst computer I have and it's somehow related to the extra lag I've experienced on the computer.

In any event as others have said, I've never been able to get it to reproduce reliably. It just usually happens when I want to update my inventory list so it's a bother. It's like the game knows what I want, and goes out of its way to hinder me.