Pipe dreams for 2024

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Iven, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Seems like yrs ago there was talk about storing xp into containers but maybe that was for eq 2 or something. I have never played eq 2 so not sure but yea would be nice for leveling alts.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

Great response. I just put it in the pipeline for an award.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Value to you does not equal value to others.

Necros? Seriously? Who cares? I think they're a net positive, just for the yucks alone.
    Ravanta Suffer likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Exactly - over at other forums they have a lock so when you hit that post it says something on the line of this post is so old it stinks!!! Are you sure you want to resurrect it?

Why should we lose valuable info like we have already with the sony forums no longer accessible or the old bug forums.
    tanith and Rijacki like this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Can I take the term Pipe Dream very literally? If so, here goes.

1. No lag. Not going to happen but pipe dreams aren't very likely anyway.
    2. Cross server advertisers are expelled from the planet.
    3. Collectibles from LS can actually be gotten.
    4. The devs. have unlimited resources and can produce an expansion that would make Luclin and Kunark look sad.
    5. I actually have time to play. A 4 month old and a (as of today) two year old learn to care for themselves. Not completely a pipe dream of course, but one with a very long gestation period.
    6. The ability to keep and New Year's resolution I might make. Hasn't happened much before, but pipe dreams don't have to be realistic.
    7. A year without politics.
    8. Another year without politics.
    9. A tour of Jay Lenos Big Dog Garage.
    10. I get to ask David Letterman about the beard. Seriously, his Santa impersonation seems a little off.
  6. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I am guessing they misinterpreted Frank's reply as sarcasm. I can't speak for Frank, but mine was absolutely genuine, I was impressed.
    Nennius likes this.
  7. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Reply to whatever thread you want. Who cares. If you get your underwear in a knot because the last reply was three months ago, you're getting upset about absolutely nothing. Some threads never lose their relevancy, like the old world hunter's thread, and are full of extremely useful information that have no reason to be deleted.
    Tatanka, Marton and Nennius like this.
  8. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

House item rewards as an option with NEW (or even just a new colour on existing) house items added to the game that aren't only available on the Marketplace.

The ability to dye a range of house items (i.e. the original basic plat or crafted items) in the same way some bags can be dyed, even using the same dyes.
  9. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

I'd like a finished expansion when it launches.
  10. Iven the Lunatic

2049:
    50th anniversary ! Pools of Kunark expansion does get released (PoK) with one zone: Lake of Good Omen (LoGO). Only one remaining dev does run everything: Absor aka The Indestructible, 85 years old. Before the release, players on the forums were fighting about the amount of NPCs that should populate the zone. Some voted for 20, some for 24. It does get released with 18 NPCs, which is good enough for the remaining 43 players on the only left sever, Firiona Vie.

Big expansion feature: Split Persona. Each AP slot can be splitted into another one. 1-3 slots are included within the expansion, depending on the package, the remaining ones do cost 5,000 db each.

All accounts went FTP in 2032, a few years after EQ3 got released. The other devs founded their own gaming company in 2033 with focus on pony and dress-up games.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

Who said I was getting my undies in a knot over this? It was merely a "pipe dream" suggestion. Which means that it will never happen, and I know this. I am getting my undies in a knot over you all assuming that I am getting my undies in a knot. Hence my other "pipe dream" suggestion: make searching the forums easier.

I tell you, some of you just like to break out the tar and feathers a little too quickly.
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. jeskola pheerie

EQ 2077:

- Port EQ to Braindance rig
    - Blackwall-compatible to keep out AI bots
    - integrated voice chat for talking to my chooms
    - easier way to block gonks spamming general chat
    - preem new graphics
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Hey, we have pipe dreams, too ;)

/ducks
    Sissruukk likes this.
  14. bigpapa Augur

reduce 30 min from the overseer refresh , so a 12 hours one would be 11h30 refresh,,,a 24 hours would be 23h30 , ect
  15. DeadRagarr Augur

Remove focus tab and just make spells do the damage they should. Remove Focus 3 and just make spells do the damage they should. Maybe spells should just do the damage they should?

Also revert EQ back to grinding option.
  16. mmats Augur

Extend the ability of characters to be powerleveled with the following changes (on normal servers) -
    1. allow all buffs regardless of level disparity
    2. allow experience in groups to be shared regardless of level disparity
    3. remove no-drop tags for worn gear with a required level of 110 or below
    With Everquest in its twilight years, could anyone really get upset about these QoL changes? This might even help attract new subscriptions. Imagine being able to group with a friend who you are powerleveling, while being in the zones YOU normally visit.
  17. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

I don't think they have old freeport files, would be a nice surprise.
  18. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Of course they do. It isn't like someone fatfingered a delete command on something with multiple backups anyway. Plus, you can go to the original Freeport during the Shadowknight's epic request.

If the original Freeport was restored, it wouldn't have all the additions to the game that has been given to new Freeport over the many years, but it sure would be nice to be able to go there, similar to how you can choose to go to original Feerrott and Feerrott, the Dream.
    lagkills likes this.
  19. DeadRagarr Augur

PvP Progression server. Its coming. Get ready for the best EQ you haven't seen in over 2 decades.
  20. Iven the Lunatic

The zone files are already in your EQ folder and NFP can be visited for a short time with the Jade Tiger clicky. Beside the 3D maps, the only difference to Freeport 2.0 is, that the NPCs, ground spawns, quests, scripts, and a few other things are not synchronized. And they do not have to. It would be possible to have both up like The Feerrott / Feerrott the Dream and Shar Vahl / Shar Vahl Divided.
    Paladin likes this.