Thornblade to Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Pappasalt Augur

I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears as per normal but here it goes...

If you're not going to population balance and I would highly doubt you're going to merge this summer. Can we at least have a one time free xfer to Mischief? We're at the point where most guilds are dying or dead on Thornblade, probably down to what I would say is maybe 3-4 at best.

I'm personally ready to move my guild over as I'm not going to find the recruits to continue it and it would just make one less guild on the server at the moment, but I have guildies not willing to/have the funds to move their multiple accounts over.
  2. Cideral Lorekeeper

joining the call for transfers
  3. Pikollo Augur

I'd make it work both ways. Free transfers between Mischief and Thornblade. Char can transfer once a month. They are basically the same server after all and it may help relieve some of the population on Mischief as well. Either way Thornblade doesn't get many new folks. So as stated the server is slowly but surely dying. I would imagine DB would rather allow us free transfers then lose the monthly subs.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If population is that imbalanced they should offer free xfers from mischief to thornblade, not the other way around.
    Brildon likes this.
  5. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Thats never going to happen. And yes, the population is that bad, we haven't seen a pickzone for an eternity unless you beg ppl to go to a zone through General Channel [the 3 min the channel actually works, but that's another long standing bug that should have been fixed a VERY LONG time ago] to force a pick to get an epic mob or something to spawn.
    Appren likes this.
  6. Ravenbeauty New Member

Transfers OFF Thornblade would just make things much worse and they might as well just merge them if they did that. We do need something to happen or they will loose most this player base I think. We are all certainly doing our best to keep it going but there is going to come a time when that just isnt viable anymore.

Ravenbeauty of Thornblade
    Council of Kerafyrm
    Brildon likes this.
  7. Pappasalt Augur

Sure that would have been great about a year or two ago lol.
    Appren likes this.
  8. Pappasalt Augur

Well for my guild specifically, our raiding times/options would be limited to joining gnomehub or fires...were not going to do either of that so most of us who want to continue playing would most likely move to Mischief regardless. So the idea that it's going to get worse, it will anyway. I'm just trying to ensure I can get all my guildmates to move and not be limited to money holding them back. We're clearing things fine atm and will clear Underfoot and most likely see a bump in House of Thule...but I'm looking past that as my goal is live and the current attrition will kill us around VoA or so most likely.

Point is either way we move now for free....or we move later with half the guild with money.
  9. Scarredevolution New Member

At this point unless DBG does something about either merging Thornblade into Mischief soon (they wont) Thornblade is at a stalemate where no ones joining the server so who would even want a free transfer to here lol?

I even said it in general chat the other day. Theres no one joining the server thornblade is slowly dying cause even with truebox gone people will still just go to Mischief because its the more popular server
  10. Grimblekin Journeyman

I agree, it's time to merge or allow transfers.
  11. Ragatweaka New Member

Lots of positives about Thornblade, especially if you enjoy a toxic free environment in which to play. Anyone on Mischief who would enjoy a leisurely, successful raiding experience with little to no community drama would likely find Thornblade a dream come true. Cross server recruits have been some of our most happy members over the years.
    Hellofreshroxorboxor and Brildon like this.
  12. Pappasalt Augur

It is a great server and I've really enjoyed it, but is my only option then to stay on the server with my guild and just slowly die or have every member pay for a transfer?
  13. Vitaez Journeyman

Don't you get 500 DB cash each month? Isn't a xfer like 1500 DB cash? Right now there is even a 20% discount. It won't be any cheaper than now to get peeps to xfer to Mischief.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Pikollo Augur

Its 2500 per char. So for me personally to transfer I'd need to transfer my main, my gf's main and my box. So thats 75 bucks. Then we have other chars we worked at like 2 farm mages, a tinkerer and a chanter for our tradeskills. So the main point would be to allow transfers to make it comfortable for people like us to go set up shop in a new home without losing much.
  15. Pappasalt Augur

That's Faceless, grain of salt...he's using it as a recruitment tactic on his post as well lol.
  16. Pikollo Augur

I can't say I am for or against the thought of a merge/transfer. I've been to Mischief. There are people everywhere (its weird). I do understand TB is slowly dying. I witnessed it on Selo. While TB definitely has a higher pop at this point in the game then selo had its still going down.

In the end if they opened transfers and DG left it wouldn't change anything. This may be a bit on the nose and I don't mean offense. But to my knowledge we've spoken to other guilds about merging to soothe the losses we've all incurred. Everyone turns out to be stubborn. We'd rather trudge along with a half raid either skipping content because its to difficult or leaning on others for flags or just waiting for the super banner. So in the end no one wants to do it even if it kept people on Thornblade. So a guild leaving wouldn't effect the other guilds in any way.
  17. Pappasalt Augur

Suppose I never understand the arguing on the forum for simple things like this. If a free transfer was offered, not sure how that hurts people that want to stay on the server? But why should those who don't want to be here be punished or made to pay to do otherwise?
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You said there is a problem (population on Thornblade). Your solution makes the problem worse. It doesn't make any sense except that you want to transfer for free. Save your 500 sc a month for 5 months and you can xfer for free. Or pay for it. It is what it is.

They left trakanon and vox go so long, I doubt they will merge this year.
    Brildon likes this.
  19. Pikollo Augur

Wasn't the original plan to eventually merge the 2? Or do I have that wrong?
  20. Pikollo Augur

As I stated above it doesn't make TB's problem worse in a sense of raiding. Sure there would be less people on the server but every day there's less people. And we don't get anyone new. They go to Mischief. It may hasten the decay if you want to look at it that way. But generally speaking the problem is already here and, even though I kinda hate to say it, the solution may be merge or transfers. Assuming people want to continue playing.