Pipe dreams for 2024

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Iven, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Iven the Lunatic

• Freeport does get restored to it's former glory.
    • Firiona Vie outpost: After hundreds of years, the vile Teir'Dal and their cliff golems do get defeated, and the zone being restored to it's original state.
    • Experience gain by killing mobs in original EQ to TSoL, does get restored to the state of the year 2001. Hotzone experience bonuses do get removed from them and the ZEMs adjusted to more realistical values. No more uber exp for a few zones, by bad game design. I don't want to see 7% exp per blue conning mobs and 30% per pull at lvl 30, and being PLed by the game, anymore. That is something for level 1 only. Those players that want more exp, still have TSS expansions, LoY, LDoN,.and DoN instanced zones. Bonus exp from (holiday) events, no thx !
    • Hero's Forge ornamentations for the classic PC models including the armor and shield textures from TRoK and TSoV.
    • PC models 3.0 (Only if they do look good).
    What are yours ?
  2. Windance Augur

* Overseer - Mass convert

* Overseer - Option to convert extra agents into "something" useful

* Banner - Generic "Raid" banners for open "alliance" raids
    Paladin, Barton-Vox, Marton and 3 others like this.
  3. fransisco Augur

The lamp stands in the guild lobby to not have such a large hit box. They are AWFUL for any large race!
    I don't even play a large race, but my friend does and its pisses him off all the time.
    Barton-Vox and Yinla like this.
  4. Ravanta Suffer Augur

In the year of Daybreak, I hope that they can decide to actually appreciate their players and treat them fairly.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Pretty sure they dont have the people to do a newer models unless maybe it was something tied to a new expansion. Would love to see overseer have a mass conversion option even 6 vs 3 would be ok with me. I miss the old freeport doubt that would ever be changed back.

ps if and when they ever do new models please i beg make them so they dont look like there out of breath.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Instant cast bard epic.
    Tour, Fenthen, Evilness and 3 others like this.
  7. Windance Augur

* Type 3 Aug - Remove all type 3 focus and just bake the bonus right into the spells.

* Augs - Make them all free to move.
  8. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I want this so much.
    Allayna likes this.
  9. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I would love to have this especially if they were tradeskill recipes, but even it they were Marketplace, I would be happy to see them.

"Good" is in the eye of the beholder. There are some who think the classic models are the best and the "new" (Luclin) models are horrible. There are some who dislike the blocky original models. Having 3 models in the game would be an absolute horror to maintain for armor and animations and all. Wanting a new set of PC models is asking for new new armor or weapon appearances ever.
  10. Roxas MM Augur

omg, gnome beastlords !
    o, and a race change potion then:)
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My top 10 in no particular order

1. 2 - 4 extra char slots
    2. Ornamentation key ring
    3. Fashion tab - so I can look as I did many years ago
    4. Type 3s merged into spells/discs or AAs
    5. Exp added to merc quests From RoS to NoS
    6. Seperate storage for Personas
    7. Able to switch personas in any base zone
    8. Port to wizzys 2nd and 3rd bind spots
    9. Larger TS made bags, TS bags, Collectable bags and a new Quest bag
    10. Personas switchable at char select
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  12. Sissruukk Rogue One

To have a lovely bearded dwarf lady accept my hand in marriage. I want her to have a braided beard down to her belly button.

Personas at a state to where you don't need to race change to be a different class.

Steins as weapons.

Every class have tracking, because rangers are otherwise useless.

A better search function on the forums.

For the devs to communicate better on the forums and not just talk to people who have nothing better than to sit on discord all day long.

To delete inactive threads (5 years and older) on the forums.

To improve xp gained by killing mobs significantly ToL+.

Turn on PvP tags only between gnome and ogre characters, so that ogres can eat the gnomes.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Dumbest. Idea. Ever.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I would like to see mass overseer added. A few more shared bank slots more normal bank slots. A collection depot would be real nice. Oh wow how can i forget marketplace for selling and buying.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

How do you figure? It is against forum rules to necro a thread. We just had one from 2013 make an appearance. Get rid of the old threads and the bloat. There are few threads in that 5+ range that hold any value now, and most people don't search the forums and instead just pop a new post asking a question.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Rather than delete old threads, if they dont want necroing then just lock them.
    Some people do use search and sometimes old threads do have useful info.
    GrandOpener, Rijacki, Smokezz and 4 others like this.
  17. Iven the Lunatic

It is abou pipe dreams. Dumb ideas are ok and are part of the game. ;)
    Be unrealistic ! :)

Plane of Dumbness ? Should be fun, right ? Something in Monty Python style.
    Now do the silly walk !

18. Febb Augur

Why would you dream about pipes? I can understand if you have a plumbing problem.
    Nennius likes this.
  19. Captain Video Augur

Two words: Everquest VR.
  20. Venuhm Journeyman

-Berserker Decapitation changed to melee dmg from spell dmg and works like Rogs or Rangers
    -Experience globes: Players that no longer gain experience from being maxed can store 25% of that exp in a container that is tradeable. each globe is worth 20% of your level or 25AAs. 10 globs max can be created in 1 month per account.
    -Persona works as indented
    -Pets no longer proc weapons but instead, the damage of the wep/Delay matters following the same rules that currently apply for giving a pet a wep
    -Everquest has a nuclear disaster contaminating all body's of water killing all living creatures in said water...aka no more sharks or fish reeking pathing havoc