Laurion Inn a White shark location

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Vumad, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

Category: Other
    Date/Time: Thu Dec 28 22:41:45 2023

Character: Level 125 Enchanter (Main)
    Zone: Laurion Inn 82

Target NPC: a white shark
    Target Location: -1.00, -1.00, 295.00, 377.25

Description: Stuck mob
    Bard tracked this while camping hunter. Seems to be in the air but we cant see it. We were able to cycle target and range it to dead. It was on Xtar but never moved to us while we killed it. It was way out of any location it should have been.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

This might have something to do with how these mobs are leashing to the water because they don't wipe aggro. Their behavior becomes extremely erratic. One is aggroed and I went back into the water to mem blur it. I can see it warping around and I can try to cast on it but the casts don't actually land and other erratic behavior.
  3. SteamFox Augur

If you try to pull a white shark out of the water it warps into the middle of the field near the inn, can range attack it but pets can't find a path to it and you can't see it.
    Vumad and Metanis like this.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

They keep ending up at Loc 0,0.

I have a suspicion that the whole 'zone flip' mechanic was a workaround to reset broken pathing.
    Nennius, Fenthen, Vumad and 1 other person like this.
  5. alanus Augur

I have noticed this, too.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

Big Dipper in Timorous Falls needs a zone flip then as well. ;)
    Kalamos and alanus like this.
  7. Gruxella New Member

The sharks are often teleported to this spot in the middle of the zone when an SK uses Hates Attraction on them. I'm sure other similar abilities cause this problem. It is quite the sight to see them all floating up there.
  8. jgrahl New Member

I was able to confirm this by simply pulling 3 different a white sharks, then getting out of the water near their spawn points.

They also appear to be at the top of the dome when you get near them for the first time, then they fall down to the land height. They swim and make water splashing noises as if they were in water.

I added a couple images of where they appear.

https://imgur.com/a/dJ1bg8O
  9. Kalamos Augur

LOL very true. I pet killed it when I found it stuck one day. It took a while but I freed it from it's unearthly tethers.