Heroic Stats over 4k

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Thraine, Dec 28, 2023.

1. Thraine Augur

My heroic dex is 3990 just sitting here in the guild hall, im noticing that my last point for accuracy and combat effects is at 4k, so if i get full buffs, or use tribute my dex is well above the 4k mark ... am i wasting Heroics here? should i be using a secondary Heroic stat?

i was always under the impression that Dex directly effects bow dmg, i dont know if this is 100% true (since the devs keep all that stuff hidden) but if it is, does Hdex over 4k continue to strengthen bow dmg?
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This is what I have: https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Tips_and_Guides#Heroic_statistics

[Taken from https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-50674 dated 11/13/07 so things might have changed since then]

Heroic Dexterity: Increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have. Also increases damage done by ranged attacks, improves chance to successfully assassinate or headshot, and improves the chance to riposte, block, and parry incoming attacks.
    All heroic stats now have diminishing returns for values over 4000.
    Thraine and Fenthen like this.
  3. fransisco Augur

hdex is damage for all melee, because it increases crit chance too, doesn't it?
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Technically, Heroic dexterity merely improves the cap space. It does NOT fill that space. Having more actually dexterity does these things.

Heroics are cap mods, not stat mods.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

You are incorrectly assuming you are stacking hdex for acc/ce. You are stacking hdex for crit chance. Acc/CE is just icing. If you are not at 100% crit chance, you do not have enough hdex.
    Winnowyl, Silvena, Svann2 and 4 others like this.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

How much hdex does one need to crit 100%? im still using the type 5 from cov but with my trophies my hdex isnt bad.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

This is not correct. Heroic stats are 1 point of the Heroic stat, and 1 point of the normal stat. If you have 4k heroic dex, that is 4k dex as well + the amount of normal dex you have up to the cap on normal stats.
    Wulfhere and Tatanka like this.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Rangers are the class most of all that should continue to stack HDex past 4000 for the arrow damage, but most melee classes should. Continued stacking of normal Dex as Beimeith put it above will continue to improve melee proc rate (really only matters for Rangers and Beastlords as pure melee don't have 320% over crit on procs) and hit rate for melee weapons on a ranger. I haven't parsed it since level 125 cap was added, but the Bow from behind already had a 100% to hit rate from behind a mob. My 2hander with 4 Accuracy 18/19 augments was like 95% to hit rate from behind a mob before 125.

Edit: most players seem to already be using the current and last expansion's trade skilled balanced type 5 aug and the the current expansions t2 balanced type 5. It's still a pretty solid
  9. Riou EQResource

Heroic Dex also ties into the fire rate for Headshot/Assassinate/Decap too, since the rest of the heroics have pretty useless benefits, imagine until those fire on every swing/attempt or w/e it will probably be good beyond the crit caps for those as long as viable mob content exists
  10. Caisy Master

He did say "bow damage" so assuming they are a Ranger, well, you're at 100% crit chance with a bow regardless.
  11. Thraine Augur

thanks for the replys. i was kinda hoping to just be lazy and keep stacking Hdex instead of mathing out a 2nd stat whilst not losing my max Hdex :) its looking like Hdex all day long!
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Heroic_Stats

- Heroic Intelligence: Increases mana pool, mana regen, and the maximum amount of mana regen an int-based caster can have. It requires +25 heroic intel to gain a single point of +mana regeneration.
    - Heroic Wisdom: Increases mana pool, mana regen, and the maximum amount of mana regen a wis-based caster can have.
    - Heroic Strength: Increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have. Also increases damage done by melee attacks and improves the bonus granted to armor class while using a shield. (10 Heroic STR increases each Melee Hit by 1 point)
    - Heroic Stamina: Increases hit point pool, hit point regen, and the maximum amount of hit point regen a character can have. Also increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have.
    - Heroic Agility: Increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have. Also increases the chance to dodge an attack, grants a bonus to defense skill, and reduces falling damage.
    - Heroic Dexterity: Increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have. Also increases damage done by ranged attacks, improves chance to successfully assassinate or headshot, and improves the chance to riposte, block, and parry incoming attacks.
    - Heroic Charisma: Improves reaction rolls with some NPCs and increases the amount of faction you gain or lose when faction is adjusted.
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Sissruukk Rogue One

Does anyone know what the diminishing returns are for hDex over the 4000 cap is, especially as it relates to crit chance? I have brought this question up before, especially regarding the stacking of hStr for accuracy once that 4000 hDex cap has been reached, but no one seems to have the answer. The few scattered answers have been "keep going hDex until you reach 100% crit chance," but if there is diminishing returns on hDex crit chance over the 4000 cap, when would one reasonably expect to ever hit 100% crit chance?
  14. Riou EQResource

As far as we know it only applies to the "Heroic" part of the stat not the base part
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

So, just to make sure I am understanding what you are saying correctly:
    hDex has two components, the heroic part (which Joules_Bianchi posted) and a base part (which controls crit chance). So, the diminishing return would affect the heroic part, but the base increase of crit chance would not be affected by diminishing returns? At least, that is what we are assuming?
    Beimeith likes this.
  16. Riou EQResource

Yea, since the diminishing note only mentions the Heroic part
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

18. josh Augur

The answer depends on a lot of things, most importantly your class. Rogues, monks, and ranger's using melee can hit 100% with auspice, ancestral aid and superior banner. Warriors, berserkers and bows are way past it at this point. Paladins can hit it with pureforge. The rest of the hybrid classes still have a bit to go before they can hit it.

EDIT: I guess I'll give an example, a monk with auspice, ancestral aid, fully raid buffed with superior standard would only need about 3800, same monk but trade auspice for CoP4 would need about 4600
  19. Thraine Augur

so if every single arrow or melee attack doesnt crit, your not at 100% crit rate? maybe there is another easier way to know? lol
  20. Thraine Augur

this seems to be my situation, i cant seem to land a non crit with the bow. every arrow crits no matter what my dex is, i took off most my gear and equipped an old bow i got in Gunthak years ago .. i still seem to be critting 100% of the shots.

since im over 4k now (after winning a aug drop) my accuracy and combat effects are capped. so wouldnt this leave me with only 1 benefit from Hdex ... Arrow damage? is there even a way to calculate such a thing?