QA In Progress Terracotta Torc (Type 5) Wrong Stats

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by menown, Dec 24, 2023.

1. menown Augur

This dropped type 5 augment from LS has something wrong with the heroic stats.

hstr +38
    hsta +123
    hint +26
    hwis +57
    hagi +57
    hdex +38
    hcha +57

No other type 5 augment differentiates stats between heroic wisdom and heroic intelligence. They are always the same. Additionally, the "+26" does not match any of the stats from the other heroic type 5 augments in the same tier. Stats for tier include +123, +57, +49, +38.
    Barton-Vox, Sancus, Raccoo and 15 others like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

I swear I remember the same thing happened on one of the augs in NoS.
  3. Inagaki Elder

Came here to report the same problem with the Heroic INT +26.

Glad OP already explained the reasoning in detail.
  4. Brickhaus Augur

Int casters got no reason ...

Int casters got no reason to live ...

(I cannot be the only one thinking about this)
  5. kizant Augur

I'd prefer if it be changed but we're talking about a meaningless number. You don't have to exaggerate so much.
    fransisco likes this.
  6. Brickhaus Augur

Method for a Failed Forum Joke

by Brickhaus

Step 1 - Find a thread
    Step 2 - Find the kernel of a joke ... Sta aug lower on Int ... must be how the devs will balance out necros
    Step 3 - Find a delivery method ... song lyrics
    Step 4 - Find an ear worm ... Short People by Randy Newman
    Step 5 - Fix any joke issues ... necromancer has 4 syllables ... short people only 3 ...int casters is only 3
    Step 6 - Tell joke
    Step 7 - Wait for someone to not get it
    Step 8 - Sigh

BTW, I do want it fixed ... as I upvoted the OP ... unlike others
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It's better as a Halfling joke :p
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Inagaki Elder

Terracotta Torc has not been adjusted together with the stat changes made to Captain's Strength and Concentrated Goblin Smarts.

There is no logic why Heroic INT is 26. It is very obviously a typo when the item was created.

Please like the OP to get them to look into this. Thanks.
  9. Forcallen Augur

Its a bug, it happened last year and he eventually fixed it. Just got get more likes to get it on his radar.
  10. menown Augur

I see this is listed as "QA In Progress" now. I've included more information about the HSta type 5 augments in the tier above and below the Terracotta Torc to help explain the problem. The yellow highlighted row is the augment in question. The orange highlighted cell is the heroic stat in question. The 26 HInt should be 57 HInt.

[IMG]
    Inagaki and Fenthen like this.
  11. Soulbanshee Augur

QA is also "checking design documentation for expected behavior", not just inspecting the value.
  12. Inagaki Elder

Is "QA in Progress" the status that takes months to fix?
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  13. Lianeb Augur

14. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's literally the lowest of low hanging fruit to fix. Correcting a couple of numbers should not take months to fix.
  15. kizant Augur

It's also one of the least important bugs imaginable.
    fransisco likes this.
  16. fransisco Augur

However, being low priority means its line 4,012 on the list. So it takes awhile to get down that far on the list. Higher priority stuff keeps appearing above it.
    This is good. We want them to do higher priority stuff first. Imagine if they did this stuff instaed of working on dx11 bugs for example
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, but exactly how long does it take to open a database and change a couple of numbers? We're not talking about a bug fix that takes an entire day...we're talking about a clerical error you fix while drinking your morning coffee before you start the real work.
    Fenthen likes this.