Does anyone think LS is hard?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Cicelee Augur

Curious. I think it is very easy, but I also admit I play a class that can solo, I have a box that is easy to do the basics, and I have raid gear. I don't want to turn this into a raider vs grouper debate because that is not what the thread is about (and it has been discussed numerous times in the past)- it is about if there are players that find LS to be hard/challenging/etc.
  2. blood & gufts Augur

You already turned it into raid vs group
    EagleTalon99 and KushallaFV like this.
  3. kookoo Augur

progression is and should be aimed for group game . so .....
  4. Cicelee Augur

False.

If casual Joe Schmo in group gear and augs from four expansions ago says LS is easy, then there is a problem. If casual Joe Schmo with full NOS group gear and augments, max AA, max hero/fort/vitality, etc thinks LS is more difficult than anything ever created in EQ, there is a problem.

The majority of raiders are going to find group content easy. News at 11. But there is easy, there is too easy, and there is dunking a basketball on a six foot rim when you are 6 foot 5.

I am curious if there are players, regardless of gear/experience/skill/etc that think LS is hard. If everyone thinks LS is dunking on a six foot rim, then I hope devs take note and make it a bit harder in the future.

So no, this is not raider vs grouper. This is "Is LS hard for you?"
    Roxas MM likes this.
  5. Petalonyx Augur

Aside from 1 mission, it is probably the easiest expansion in recent memory. That 1 mission is hard, but doable (I can now alt tab box it with 4 in group gear).

We definitely needed a zone like Laurion Inn. But feels like a dangerous dungeon is missing! We are definitely feeling the lack of missions which typically provide harder content for groups.
  6. Willydo Apprentice

I had no problem doing progression with a pet tank and being the sole DPS. The pet tank barely required any healing at all. The mobs in this expansion do not hit hard on group geared players and they are basically just bags of hit points. The named are a joke as well. Cloth classes can tank them.
  7. Sprooce Lorekeeper

My crew is 3+3, 3 toons and 3 mercs. 1 toon is fully NoS raid geared, one toon is in decent group gear, and one toon is ftp in pretty weak gear. 2 cleric mercs and a dps melee merc. We did all the progression quests, can handle the named mobs, but I can't beat either mission haha. *looks down and kicks a rock*

For my kinda weak crew I'd have liked one easy dps beatdown-a-monster mission and one challenging dungeon zone would have been cool too, but overall I think LS has been a fun time.
    tanith likes this.
  8. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

The better question to ask rather than hard versus easy, is fun or not fun.

I've had fun with LS, so far. The art is nice, guild is full of people online, the gameplay is the usual. Quests are decent. Missions are lacking though.
    Vumad, Roxas MM and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  9. Tacoheals TACOBELL !!!!

Raider or Grouper 1 wrong pull in Pal'lomen and you done for lol
    Cadira likes this.
  10. Iven the Lunatic

I would like to know what the minimum requirements for LS are: PC level, class, which gear, how many AAs, AllAccess needed ?

There are minimum hardware and level requirements+recommendations for EQ and most equipment, but not for expansions, player character wise. Should be a new standard to note them.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This expansion is what I would call accessible.

There's something in it for everyone. Now that were three weeks in and the dedicated folks are done with progression, missions, achievements, AA, augs, camps, hunters, the rest of us can casually do our thing. I saw a Cleric and Druid using tank and DPS mercs in Pal'Lomen doing just fine. They killed slow, but they were getting it done.

I say difficulty is pretty on par with a wide cross-section of players.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am having fun in the expansion so far.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It is fun!

Easy if your cautious, hard if you do stupid things like let a wizzy pull!
    I've wiped the group a couple of times.

Biggest thing for me I'm still playing the wizzy, usually by now I've gone rogue. Also in a group of 5 players and a merc, none of us are boxing! If there is a healer around it's 6 players.

Not sure if it's that all zones feel new, with new mobs to kill or something else. But I'm loving the game again and having lots of fun. The last few expansions got old very, very quickly maybe as they were mainly copies of old expansions.

I actually want to log in every day and play.
  14. fransisco Augur

Its not that your a mage, its that your in BIS raid gear. Of course leveling content is easy.
    Frael and Andarriel like this.
  15. Marton Augur

Same situation - BiS gear, I got a box to help me.

I find the expansion accessible. I don't miss complicated progression and keyed zones, I don't miss difficult travel to zones. This time the expansion is fun. Well, nothing is ever perfect. I would like a reasonable amount of missions that are not raid clones and I would like Heroic Adventures to return to us.

I've often seen people say it's not hard but I like it and I have fun. I think that's what counts.
  16. Roxas MM Augur

i was able to solo yellow cons from day 1 with ease and with reasonable kill speed while not being max level yet. i dont think i ever did that before. it is a fun expansion though for sure.
  17. Xatt Journeyman

I think the only challenging part was pulling Dok out of the middle of the Rallosian camps!
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Pal'Lomen has a feeling of danger. From the art and lore, to mob difficulty and density, to actual mob placement. It's not a pushover zone and if you aren't paying attention you're going to spend some time recovering.

For me, this expansion feels like it fosters and encourages grouping. I haven't felt this in quite some time.

Well done, Darkpaw and Beta testers!
  19. Muvandog Journeyman

Similar 3+3 setup, minus raid gear. Took some learning failures, but Final Fugue is doable. For me the key was burning first wave (hex + warlock first, then soldiers). With low dps, first wave ends on some unknown timer or event regardless of whether everything is dead, and warps you to wave 2 (boars). If you don't have all mobs killed at that point, you're kinda screwed. Burn that wave for a much easier time.
    Sprooce likes this.
  20. Anjanax Journeyman

Fugue Mission is all about learning what to do when.. you dont even need to tank any mob besides the final one as the monk NPC cant be killed and hp locks at 60%. 1st Achivement is to bring a bit dps that the full squad of npcs survie the 2 caster mobs at the first wave, 2nd Ach is just to know when/how to reset the Bard Boss, 3rd achivmentsis.. well also just a bit difficult for the tank. Other then this.. level 125 is just a nice bonus and fastens it up if you have rogue/ranger at your squad.
    Sprooce likes this.