Reflective Emberquartz Flecked Timber drop rate?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Andarriel, Dec 14, 2023.

1. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

I estimate if he had killed 2600 plant mobs he would have about 260 timber.
  2. Allayna Augur

/shrug, some of the drops certainly are 1:1.

What does rarity of 1 single TS drop gain, I would ask you?

I’ve already found that the camp has too few mobs. And is contested often …both for the merc/partisan and for the TS drops.
  3. Alnitak Augur

3 clubs(1), 3 longbows(2), 2 great censers(3). That's about 15 lumbers. And only 3 characters are lvl 125 atm. So, I'll do a round of farming once more later to collect 12-15 more timbers and will finish up that list above and have a few lumbers spare for future Arcane Staffs and or Tower Shield if I decide too.
    By the time raiding starts and I can actually win an essence or two for the raid weapons I'll farm more timbers incidentally.
    How do you plan to use your timbers?
  4. fransisco Augur

This is a big deal. If you need the camp to do the progression quests, theres gonna be lots of problems.
    People/botters will camp it for money and block progression on the server.
  5. Nightops Augur

There is no 'camp' in EQ.
    Xatt likes this.
  6. fransisco Augur

I'll remember that the next time I cannot access the mobs I need because a 6 boxer has everything locked down.
    KSing only works if you also are a 6 boxer
  7. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Or proper usage of taunt abilities.
  8. Cadira Augur

Choo Choo!
    fransisco, Andarriel and Nennius like this.
  9. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

More wood please k thanks.
    fransisco and Andarriel like this.
  10. Marton Augur

I agree, more wood is always good.
    fransisco, Nennius and Andarriel like this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea plant and tree mobs drop it like 10% or so and other that have a chance to drop is 1% or lower. They just need to fix the drop rate on those.
  12. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

4 in 5 minutes tonight.

[IMG]
  13. Allayna Augur

On one model type in one zone, with a high pick requirement, that is also required for both merc and partisan...:rolleyes:
    Marton, fransisco, Jack and 2 others like this.
  14. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

I dont understand why the recipe for them needs to be this stupid. I have never understood why the recipe for them needs to be as stupid as it is.

Sleep combining in the guildhall cannot be the intended way to do this, but its the way you more or less have to do this.
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Fyreaway Fire da bow!

Want to Buy a better timber drop rate!
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Allayna Augur

This is somehow worse after the patch?

11 treants (area was contested and only one pick in Unkempt, so I moved on) and 67 vinelash models (10 clears), 3 vinelash named and 5 timber (1 was on one of the named). Several of the vinelash models had nothing on them at all.

There's roughly 5 minutes of downtime per clear of the vinelash at the zone-in per clear. Not what I'd call engaging gameplay.

To recap:

2 hours of gameplay, loads of downtime waiting on repops, 70 mobs in one camp and 5 drops, which is a roughly 7% drop rate.
    Andarriel, Jack and Velisaris_MS like this.