Neck evolver drop rate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zarkdon, Dec 18, 2023.

1. kizant Augur

People should have an option besides farming named for the items they want. That's easily the worst part of the game.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

We're just a bunch of murderhobos. Everything requires killing something. EverQuest --> EverKillItAll
  3. Razorfall Augur

My fellowship runs the missions up to three times a day and have only gotten 5 so far.

I personally don't mind it being this rare, it's just kind of annoying because it's just about the only thing we have left to get from the missions.
  4. chungus Journeyman

Just got my last one today, I had probably about 25 runs with none, then got my last two one after the other luckily.
  5. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

I can't think of a time there was a mission-specific collection set, but only one in the entire expansion. Doesn't make sense. The only thing close is GMM but those were shared as base zone drops as well.
  6. Marton Augur

There were numerous mission-specific sets in previous expansions.
  7. kizant Augur

The best way to get your collections is just stock up on dispensers for next year.
    Yinla and Velisaris_MS like this.
  8. Alnitak Augur

I'd say for the year after, once the max level gets bumped up to 130. 2 expansions worth of collectibles easily give about 2 levels + AA's amd merc AA's worth of experience to top off stored Overseer tasks to hit lvl 128 in an hour after expansion release.
  9. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I like that you pointed this out, then in a previous post about Personas said that achievement experience wasn't as significant as people said.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Seen 0 in 41 missions.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Tuco Augur

Oof, that sucks! If it's a 5% drop rate, 12% of people will go 41 missions without seeing it drop.
    Petalonyx likes this.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

At least we have 4 missions to grind for lots of chances!

:trollface:
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

I see what you did there!
  14. Marton Augur

Another few rounds of missions with zero cloak. How many missions are people supposed to do - fifty, sixty, a hundred?

Perhaps a dev would like to have a look at drop rate for the item.
  15. Tolzol Augur

I’ve seen 10 necks out of 46 missions. RNG is just not your friend apparently.
    Szilent and kizant like this.
  16. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Nennius and Tuco like this.
  17. Marton Augur

Close to 50 missions, saw 1 neck.
  18. Tuco Augur

Tolzol confirmed sucking up everybody's necks.
  19. Brickhaus Augur

Small numbers suck.

If the chance is 5%, after 50 events you would expect zero necks 7.69%

If the chance is 1%, after 250 events you would expect zero necks 8.11%

As you can see, the chance of seeing zero after a run of 50 in the first case is probably higher than you might have thought ... about 1 in 13. Also notice that dropping the rate by 5 actually increases the chances of long runs without a success even after adjustment in the events by the same amount.

I don't think I've seen a number yet from the devs, but I'd believe anything from a 2 to 5 percent chance for the neck based on the numbers I'm seeing, including my own.
  20. Fleiss Journeyman

Seen 8 in like 40 sets aka 80 missions run. It is just RNG. For cloaks last year I had horrible luck. They will come. Most will forget about this post before they could even patch an inceease.
    Allayna likes this.