Fixed Goliath's Amphibian Skin

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Vividor, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Vividor Elder

No idea if it works as intended or it is a bug but when you convert this into Reactive Goliath's Amphibian Skin it losts range slot. It doesnt make sense to me (unless you hate rangers) that the basic version can be used with bows whereas the converted version with the Remote Healing proc (which needs all achievements from missions) is only useable in primary and secondary slots, that is not an upgrade.

Goliath's Amphibian Skin

Restrictions -
    Weapons Only
    Slot: RANGE PRIMARY SECONDARY
    Required level of 125.

Reactive Goliath's Amphibian Skin

Restrictions -
    1h Weapons Only
    Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
    Required level of 125.
    Kiras and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

I feel as if the bug is the unmodified aug being range-usable.
  3. Vividor Elder

Doing that you would remove the only DPS augment for bows in this expansion.
    Usually there is 1 bow dps augment every 5 levels, for level 120 was Jagged Thought Leech Horn in ToL (first lvl 120 expansion), for level 115 was Velium Infused Gem of Striking which you can convert in Reactive Velium Infused Gem of Striking adding a proc, ToV expansion (first lvl 115 expansion).
    Justyse likes this.
  4. Kiras Augur

I found this one out myself too when I was all excited to add a proc, not realizing that it would remove the range slot. :(

In general, I actually don't understand why bows seem to be excluded from most damage augs as a design choice. It would be understandable if bows had super low delay or something, but it just seems like picking on rangers for no real reason to me.
  5. Vividor Elder

Good news Kiras, devs have fixed this augment for bows so we can evolve it and have the proc after next patch.
    From Test Update 1/9/2024 Patch Notes and Discussions:

*** Items ***

- Harmonious and Reactive versions of Goliath's Amphibian Skin augment can now be equipped in range weapons, and all three augments now share a lore equip group.

;)