eqlogparser questions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Svann2, Dec 14, 2023.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

I just found out it does triggers too and trying to set it up for that.
    1. is there a sound volume? Its way loud and Id have to turn my main windows sound level from 50 down to 15. Thats going to make other programs too quiet.
    2. is there a function to move the log file off to backup daily like gina does or do I just need to remember to do that manually?

edit1: figured out I can adjust sound per app using windows sound mixer now its not blowing my ears out. Still would like an answer to 2nd question if possible.
  2. Ravanta Suffer Augur

If you're like me and thought, "Wait...what? Windows sound mixer can set a volume independently for EQLP!", and when you looked there and didn't see it in the app volume and device preferences section of settings / sound...open up EQLP and select a trigger but change the selection from text to speak to play sound. You don't even need to save the result. Just start to make that change. Then re-open app volume and device preferences and you'll see a slider for it:

[IMG]
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. kizant Augur

So what settings do you use in GINA for backing up logs? Is daily backup needed or maybe weekly where you specify a day and time. Like Monday at 9pm for example.

File size also makes sense and could be used together. Every Monday at 9pm if file size > 500 megs or obviously whenever the size is above the threshold regardless of the day/time.

I've got a simple windows service for doing this right now that will stay in the background so you don't need to keep the parser running at all times. But I'd like to keep the configuration options to be as simple as possible.

I'm thinking of having a checkbox when configuring advanced triggers to automatically add the new log file to the list to be archived. And the log manager window itself for configuring settings could also list all the log files currently being archived with a button to 'archive now' or something.

Oh and as far as volume control. I suppose I could add a volume slider to the trigger manager window.
    Ravanta Suffer and Celephane like this.
  4. Windance Augur

I have gina save off my raider logs daily. Weekly would probably be just as good.
    Svann2 likes this.
  5. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Personally I have always used weekly, but to your question, I have one of my own! With gina, conventional wisdom is that if the log file ever exceeded 100megs it would really hinder gina performance. I am using a much better computer than I used to, but I don't think this size restriction applies to eqlp.

Assuming I'm right on that point I wonder if archiving by file size would even be necessary?
  6. kizant Augur

It only really matters when you try to open an old file. It uses a good bit of memory once the file size is over 1 gig and starts to be a little slow to open. If all you do is use audio triggers the size shouldn't really matter

I do like specifying a time of day just so you can pick a time/day where you know you won't be raiding. Also, if you don't play much for a few weeks do you really want it to make a backup on the scheduled day? Say the log file is only 20 megs.
  7. Szilent Augur

if it could archive a log when it 1) passes a size threshhold, *and* 2) recognizes a big fighting break (i.e. 8 hours of nothing but intermittent Combat Dummy hits) , that'd be ideal for me

arbitrary / contextless time or size triggers making it possibly split a raid night is a non-starter for me
    FranktheBank and Warpeace like this.
  8. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Personally? Yes. I'm not saying it makes sense :p But on occasion when I wanted to find an event from a particular period of time, it just seemed easier to always have a file for every week (assuming I logged in at some point every week)
    kizant likes this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

10. strongbus Augur

i got a question on eqlogparser. anyone know why now and then it will show a name of a toon not even in my group or even on atm as doing dps to a mob I am killing? the toon is not even one of mine. Its a another member of the guild that the only time I should be picking him up is on alt raid night. But now and then the toon will show up on the parser as doing damage to the mob I am in killing when that toon is not even log into game or might be in GH will I am in another zone.

I have deleted my log files many time and such.
  11. kizant Augur

It's not a pet or something? I wouldn't delete your log files when you see that. I'd select the fights where you see it happening and do a log search for the name. For the time option choose the selected fights. See if anything comes up.
  12. kizant Augur

Do you raid all hours of the day any day of the week? There's no like '4am on tuesday' that would work for you? Do you use GINA for this now?
  13. strongbus Augur

nope its a guildies alt mage. and sometimes he don't even have it on or its in GGH when I am in some other zone killing. pars will even show his pet doing damage and its casting mage spells.
  14. FranktheBank Augur

This is exactly why I moved to monthly GINA archives (even though its a tad too big for my liking on Live, and too small on TLPs.)
  15. kizant Augur

Well next time bring up the DPS log for the player. Turn off the grouped by option so you get timestamps. Then search the log for that time, damage value, and attack/spell type. See who really did the damage. It's got to be linked somehow to the mage. It shouldn't just be making up damage values out nowhere. Plus check the pet mapping to make sure that mage doesn't have a pet listed with maybe the player who really did the damage. Something like that must be going on.
  16. kizant Augur

For the schedule options. I'm thinking of this right now.
    1. Daily at a specified time (13:22)
    2. A specific day like Monday or Tuesday at the specified time
    3. An option where you pick 1st Monday or 2nd Tuesday, etc at that specified time
    4. Then maybe a minimum size. So it doesn't bother backing up unless the file is over 50 megs or whatever.
    Then it's mostly just simple drop downs and a time picker which handles daily, weekly, and monthly with at least a little flexibility. It's not going to be able to parse the logs to determine what's going on exactly. I could add some sort of activity monitor but it would have to be size based. Like if the log increases by less than 10 megs in 5 minutes or something. I don't know. That could be an advanced option for later on.
    Warpeace and Ravanta Suffer like this.
  17. Szilent Augur

I don't use GINA for this now, for the reason laid out. Cutoffs being arbitrary is a non-starter for me. I manually archive my logs instead, immediately before raids if I remember to.
    kizant likes this.
  18. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Yeah where I used to use weekly on GINA because of it's hilarious 100mb upper limit, I think when this is implemented in EQLP I'll switch to monthly.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

I think Gina just moves my file when I start gina up, if its a new day.
  20. kizant Augur

Yeah that's what it looks like and it's kinda lame if you don't need to use GINA for a while. The windows service I've been testing with uses like 3 megs of memory and basically no CPU. Shouldn't be a big deal to have running in the background.