Neck evolver drop rate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zarkdon, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

Nope...we remember. The drop rate sucked then and it still sucks now.

Also, didn't the TBL items drop off of the final 4 mobs and not a chest, so it was possible to drop the task before the script finished and just grab another task?
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

No. As soon as they die, you get a loot lockout.
    Allayna likes this.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

You could also get multiple drops from the Fight Fire mission. There were multiple item droppers, but in these missions there's only 1 chest.

Fight Fire had a better item drop rate than this necklace.
  4. Allayna Augur

You could also get the same one over and over and it rot.

Fight Fire had 4 evolving items and I'm betting the # you had to farm in order to get all 4 for one character was higher than the # required to get one cloak...or one neck, was my point.
    Tour and kizant like this.
  5. Tuco Augur

yep.

I'll take the 8% (or whatever) chance to get a single item type over the 2% (or whatever) individual chance to get 4 different pieces. In the 60? or so runs to finish my set I about lost my mind doing Fight Fire with all the crazy theories about how to get the items to drop (which were all false and it was a pretty standard drop system iirc).
    Allayna likes this.
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It most certainly did not. It took a LONG time to get even a single item in TBL. How soon you forget. But still, it's been two weeks since this expansion came out. Instant gratification at it's best is at play here. Everyone that really wants it badly will have it soon enough and have more than enough time to evolve it.
    Tour and Allayna like this.
  7. fransisco Augur

They never cut missions out. 2 was all they ever planned...
  8. Marton Augur

TBL evolvers ahhh I remember ...

I had so many Feet drop that it would outfit entire raid .... took forever to get Ring.

What is soon enough, March, April? When people are done with everything and they will have to mindlessly grind somewhere for no reason other then leveling the item?

I'm doing missions daily for a chance of getting a neck and that's all I do in game right now.
  9. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Then where are the 'Mind Your Steppes' collection drops that apparently were supposed to drop from Timorous Falls mission trash?
  10. Cadira Augur

That's so funny, I was literally swimming in rings. I seriously probably hooked 10+ guildies up with them (after giving like 8 to myself)!
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

Ah, ok...it's been years since I ran it. I just remember this awfully long dead time between killing the last mob and being booted out.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

The phrasing of the annoucement made it sound like 4 were planned, then they realized they didn't have enough time and just decided to cut 2 of them.
  13. Tuco Augur

Between the evolving drop rate, XP for missions, group requirement etc there's a common underlying issue: missions are too rewarding relative to other gameplay options.

For people like me, missions represent a loot pinata I pop at the start of my gameplay session, getting unique rewards like group currency and a chance at the evolving item while getting T2 loot drops that are an order of magnitude more rewarding than I can get farming named mobs. Ostensibly this increase in reward is commensurate with the difficulty of missions, but I think it's too much and too unique.

I'd love to see a draw down in the importance of missions in the next expansion and an increase in value from playing in the non-instanced world. It wouldn't even be that hard:
    • Add group currency to rare mobs
    • Add 6 hour cooldown repeatable quests that reward group currency
    • Add more options to group currency vendor, including an option to buy the chase item for a given expansion
    • Add a selection of harder rare mobs to T2/T3 zones intended for solid groups to beat
      • Bonus: Make them roam around and take out groups of people ala hill giants
      • Bonus: Make the chase item a chance to drop from them
    Sprooce, KushallaFV and Angahran like this.
  14. Tacoheals TACOBELL !!!!

My Character has COMPLETED type 5s with vendor bought currency and I have only seen 1 neck drop. My luck is Trash my friend
    Winnowyl and Fenthen like this.
  15. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

A lot of this was already done in House of Thule. It's "Simpson's Did It" situation, where EQ from 15 years ago already had a very, nice design and we've regressed to repeat the same past.
  16. Allayna Augur

Please no.

Have you seen any of the bottle necks year over year? Including LS, GS pickups with too slow of a repop and not enough available for even 1 group to do quickly, let alone multiple groups with no picks.

Fighting over trash mobs...

I prefer instances to the 'live' environment as many in the EQ community are pretty toxic players.
    Trolgar, Yinla, Jack and 1 other person like this.
  17. dubblestack Elder

think ive done about 4 missions a day for the last 5 days and have yet to see one.
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Kalamos Augur

It took 30 runs to see my first one. That said, I don't mind the drop rate being low. It makes it a bit more meaningful when one drops and that dopamine hit is a bit bigger. :)
  19. Nightops Augur

Absolutely agree with missions dropping tooo many items. With so much dropping in the chests, it makes farming named for drops and upgrades pointless. I've been saying for years now that the amounts from chests need to be reduced, but they only seem to get bigger and the missions only seem to get easier. At least the hero's forge mission has a little more challenge this year. But the other can be boxed (with mercs) without much challenge.

In my opinion, mission chests should have similar to the following...

1 ornament
    1 spell
    1 Type 5 or type 7/8 aug
    1 T2 armor or weapon
    0-1 Powersource / merc armor at 25% chance (same same table)
    0-1 Tier 3 item at 50%
    0-1 evolving item at 10% chance

However, named mobs in regular zones should have their chances of dropping spells increased. I'm also not a big fan of the ultra low drop rate & random T1 augs we saw last expansion.

Hunter mobs should look like this...
    0-1 spell at 33% chance
    0-1 ornament / powersource / merc armor at 33% chance (share same table)
    1 item on loot table
    0-1 T3 item at 33% chance
    **This T3 item should only be for the same slot as the 1 loot table item. So if the hunter mob drops a 1h weapon or ring, then the T3 chance would only be for the same slots. (aug would be for heroic or fort)

I'm also a big believer for named mobs to have more difficulty so they are no longer a 30sec pull and burn fight.
  20. Tadenea Augur

merc armor already drops off of trash mobs Rare though, gotten 2 off of Weak flagged mobs in Unkempt woods