SOS failure

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jkaisi, Dec 18, 2023.

1. Jkaisi New Member

I am a 121 rogue with max SOS and being killed by trash mobs that shouldn't be seeing me. Pls Fix!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm sure with that level of detail you provided, they'll get right on it!
    Mikana, Iuwene and Fenthen like this.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

Mob? Zone? Expansion?
  4. Silvena *poke*

Things exist that can see SOS.. so more information would be helpful.
    Kendeth and Fenthen like this.
  5. Jkaisi New Member

It's happened in multiple zones-- Maiden's eye, Laurion's Inn, and I can't think of where else. These are mobs that I had run past multiple times and suddenly they are attaching.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Bats will. Named will, sounds like you are running into red cons. None of the LI named are Proper Names.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

I have not found a single mob in Laurion's Song that sees Rogue SoS @ level 120, or whatever that last update was.
  8. Covennx Augur

Nothing in LS sees through SOS, so it's most likely 1 of 2 things:
    You are not actualy SOSing. Hitting Sneak then Hide fails to SOS you due to lag/latency.
    [IMG]

Or you are doing hand in's and the hide and sneak button are still depressed, but you are not SOS'd.

[IMG]

This last one can be even more confusing if you have someone casting invis in your group. You will have the ( ) around your name, and sneak and hide are depressed, but you just have that group invis, not actually SOS. Try to get in the habit of clicking Thief's sight after doing hand ins, or hailing, or anything before you start moving, so you are certain to reset the hotbuttons and then actually SOS.
    Winnowyl and Fenthen like this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Other than the body type change mess that f'ed everything up in ToV, I'm having a hard time remembering mobs that saw thru SoS2 in any recent expansion. Though I think Sleepers in CoV had a lot of mobs that did see thru it. But definitely not in LS.
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

CoV skyshrine bridge golems and DN bats, maybe some of the golems in Sleeper's but those are easy to avoid.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  11. Moege Augur

Nos Basillica, golems on the platforms
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I know back in EoK a few mobs in Kor-sha Laboratory that saw through SoS1 but once i got SoS2 i was good. Thinking golems and choki mobs.