Evolving Item on Vendor NPC

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Dec 17, 2023.

1. Cicelee Augur

With the drop rate on the neck abysmally low (I have seen 2 out of 23 missions), I wonder if it would be an idea to place it on the type 5 vendor for a very high amount, say 10k currency. That would mean doing missions 75 times in order to be able to purchase the neck. My thought is if you have run 75 missions and still don't have a neck due to RNG and others winning RNG rolls, you deserve to buy one. I think you have earned it.

Or, you know, you could up the drop rate. Either way is good.
    Roxas MM, Andarriel and Fenthen like this.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's been just over a week. I think everyone will be ok. If it was 10k currency, you'd see far more than enough necks as well...
    Penn likes this.
  3. Windance Augur

I'd like to suggest the same thing for the T3 armor/weapons. Make the purchasable like the raid gear.
    DeadRagarr, Straahdx, Fenthen and 2 others like this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

This is long, LONG overdue.
    Fenthen and I_Love_My_Bandwidth like this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

I would assume after 75 missions someone would have a neck by then. I just don't think it would hurt to have it on. And I would guess the percentage of players who would by the neck is very low, but I would not want to be a part of that unlucky group..
  6. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

If thats the case then spell runes should also be on the vendor. The bag on the vendor should be on the loot table for the chest etc. I haven’t gotten the ne ck, yet but I also didnt get the cloak till late also.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

RNG can be funky that way, sometimes. :(
  8. scaethach Scholar

It took me 60-some missions to get the cloak and I haven't seen a neck yet. It seems like for the work that goes into evolving, the path to getting the base item should be a little more streamlined.
    Fenthen, Kendeth and Kaenneth like this.
  9. Tuco Augur

RZ earring nailed it in a lot of ways, not the least of which is that it's trivial to get the first step in. All chase items should be the same way. Include a maximum number of players on the grind and then progressively squeeeeeeze them as they progress.

If it was up to me Shalowain would hand you a necklace with your first beer at the inn, but evolving it beyond the first few levels? Better get to farming some wealth.
    daBlubb, Sprooce, Ozon and 6 others like this.
  10. Szilent Augur

well, not hand-you, but yeah. I'm …not a fan of the starting line being RNG
  11. Marton Augur

I would much prefer to quest for the neck. Same way we quested for RZ earring.
    daBlubb, Ozon, Yinla and 3 others like this.
  12. kizant Augur

Just wait a few more weeks. Everyone will have one and it won't matter.
    Allayna likes this.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I've seen 2 in 53 total missions now across various toons (lost both rolls). Going to literally finish a set of type5's before getting a single neck. EverQuest is a lot of fun.

On the plus side, the missions are really quick and there's only two of them, so it's not like we have a ton else to do anyway? GG
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

Are the drop rates increasing? Because 1 neck I have seen out of 40-some missions. That's not okay.
  15. Windance Augur

I'm not yet at the point where I can blow through the missions. It takes me about 10-15 min each.

Once I've done that I've got about 4hr with nothing "productive" to do. That is part of the reason I'd also like to see the timers on the two missions reduced from 5hrs down to ~ 2 or 2.5 hrs.
  16. Flatchy Court Jester

I am glad to hear about another evolving item. What I am not so glad to hear is sounds like I wont be seeing one. There are 2 missions from what I have heard neither is a straightforward zerg fest so casual guy is thrown to the wolves charging one mill just for a task add, and 1 krono for a random chest. Probably be missing out on this one. Pity it was the best part of the expansions to me.
  17. Windance Augur

The first mission is fairly straight forward. The only real requirement is having stun. In a pinch you can farm some weapons that proc stun to get the win. Everyone should be able to do this with even a pick up group + mercs.

The second mission is currently over tuned. Its doable with low DPS groups but probably not worth it.
    Ozon likes this.
  18. Cicelee Augur

What is your problem/issue with a request to have an evolving item initially be subject to RNG, but at some point allow the player to obtain the item via currency obtained from the same format to loot a neck? I don't understand your sadness, sorry.
  19. Cicelee Augur

There is something to be said about trying to prevent double work for your character. Not everyone in the game is able to play 24/7 and have all the free time to repeat things over and over. Sure I could get the neck in February, after I am done with progression and hunters and collects. But now I have to grind out the levels, which unless it takes considerably less XP than the cloak... that isn't fun. But having the neck while working hunters and collects (which is already a grind) and not have to do an additional grind on top?

I would say most are down with that. Besides if everyone will have one in a few weeks, then there should be no complaint to put it on a NPC.

Just would be nice to reduce the barrier to entry for obtaining a neck.
  20. Windance Augur

I did some digging and found it took 27 missions before the first evolving neck drop.
    Fenthen likes this.