Buff limit for level 35?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Khieran, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Khieran Journeyman

What is the buff slot limit for a level 35, on a live server?

I had an issue just before the servers came down, for the patch, where I couldn't get my mount to take hold, and now that I think about it, it dawned on me that maybe I was at the buff limit. Between the cleric merc buffs and my grouped shaman buffs, I had quite a few up at the time.
    Cazmac likes this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

3. Khieran Journeyman

4. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Shaman start to get their focus line of buffs at I think level 52, with Harnessing of Spirit. It combines hit point, strength, and dexterity buffs. HoS/Focus and Spirit of Bih'Li are usually the only shaman buffs I'll cast, unless asked. Even then, it's only ever the Stamina buffs that are requested. Everything else is a marginal return at best. That should free up a lot of your buff slots.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Depending on your class, you may have buffs which don't have any benefit for you normally. For example, if you are a melee class then the Enchanter KEI line of spells which grant INT, WIS, and mana regen is pretty useless to a melee class. Similarly melee haste spells are fairly useless for a caster class.
    Also once you get a person with a level 40 cleric merc the number of buffs they give will be reduced to 2. I would also suggest asking for Temperance when you are in PoK/Guild Lobby as that will replace 3 of those 4 cleric buffs and last for a good while, unless you die.
    Cazmac likes this.
  6. Cazmac Augur

I've been caught like that. Couldn't invis, tried a few times, then looked at my buffs and had to choose which one to throw away!
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Also you can drop any of the "shadow of whatever" buffs you get from items. Once you click the item and get the buff then its permanent and there is no need for the picture. It just takes up room.

Used to be players would leave those up in the first couple slots so if a mob debuffed them it would take those instead of important ones. Its really just a waste of space.
  8. Khieran Journeyman

Thanks, that's good to know. I've been casting AGI/DEX/STR buffs along with STA and Bih'Li