Reflective Emberquartz Flecked Timber drop rate?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Andarriel, Dec 14, 2023.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Its weird every other new expansion tradeskill item is dropping like candy but there's like none for sell even went to my old server bristle and samething. How is everyone's server doing. I was getting like 10-15% on drop rate when i was killing plant mobs. Just cant really do fletching combines cause there so few or way too expensive in the baz. Like to hear people thoughts Thanks.

Mamba might be hard to get too but havent farmed that yet. ppl prob just think its a worthless rog item so there leaving on corpses lol
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

Since they switched to the RoS tradeskill system (what I'm calling the modern system), there have been shortages of one (or more) items for most of the expansions. It's not uncommon. It's important to highlight if you are having difficulties getting certain items ... and hopefully they will make adjustments before Overseers comes in to play a year for now. Maybe PM Ngreth directly if you feel you have some real data to back up your concerns.

I was getting poison stuff on the spiders in Nokk about as often as your timber drop rate ... for what it's worth.
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. Riou EQResource

There is only like 1 realistic spot to get them and the mobs are used for Questing
    Fenthen, Andarriel and Thunderkiks like this.
  4. Allayna Augur

Nearly completed with all type 5s.

Hero's, Champion, Paragon, Challenger all completed x 6 characters.

Roughly 2600 kills.

I've *seen* the following:

Reflective Emberquartz Crystal - 109
    Reflective Emberquartz Flecked Hide - 46
    Reflective Emberquartz Flecked Silk - 198
    Reflective Emberquartz Flecked Timber - 4
    Reflective Emberquartz Ore - 119

Gallant Focus of Fortitude - 2
    Gallant Focus of Heroism - 0

I believe I posted this last year but I'll post it again. This is not conducive to wanting to group with others. If outta 2600 kills I've gotta split TS mats roughly 1/6 of those numbers above.

I think the second part is an issue on the group chests, much like was the case for NoS...IDK why we have to repeat the same errors year over year, but here we are.

I also think the mercenary gear is on the same loot table as the Fortitude/Heroism.
    fransisco, Fenthen, Andarriel and 2 others like this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

We got a merc belt to drop off of trash mobs in Unkempt Woods last night. I don't know if that's intentional or not.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Completing progression is not going to have you killing an even spread of mobs according to how the drops were seeded. Same as last year, players are going to end up with mounds of unused TS mats before the next expansion, you don't need to be 100% geared within the first week of launch.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

No, but people want to get their recipes done, armor molds created, and so on. That shouldn't be difficult to understand.

It's a problem that the past few years have all had shortages of one or more items. In ToV it was silks, ToL it was gems, NoS and LS it's been lumber. CoV was actually quite fine if I recall because of the ever-giving WW cave dragon mobs.
    There just aren't enough of the "plant" type mobs which drop lumber the past two years. This needs a review to put these items as general trash drops at an increased rate.

Also, for the love of god, for the 4th year in a row I am asking, can we review the fish scale system? AFK combining for 2+ hours to make sheets is insane.
    Barraind, Ndaara, Allayna and 2 others like this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Amen.
    Ndaara, fransisco, Rijacki and 3 others like this.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Think the contract merc gear is just a rare drop as i got one off a normal plant mob shoulder piece is what i got.
  10. Allayna Augur

I believe the merc gear is dropping off of named...and their PHs.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

plants im killing are non ph's mobs so be a negative. prob like when i would kill in RoS and rarely would get merc gear to drop. This is better dont have four different types dropping.
    Velisaris_MS and Allayna like this.
  12. Cicelee Augur

Expansion is supposed to last for 12 months. It has been live for 10 days and you are mad about drop rates on heroism and fortitude? Do you think the devs want you done with everything by New Years Day?

I don't have nearly as much as you have done, and I have more timber than you. Seems like you just need to camp the correct mobs to obtain them. That isn't a game issue really, that is just a player base that hasn't learned which mobs drop the timber. It will come in time.

I have done 9 mission runs so far, and have seen 3 fortitude and 1 heroism. I don't think that is that awful of a drop rate, especially if it also drops off of named (haven't seen one yet). Again, 10 days into an expansion that should last 12 months.

Now the one concern I do have is neck drop rate seems much lower than cloak. I know at some point we all will get a neck if we want to, I just would prefer to have the next while doing progression and hunters instead of mindlessly mob grinding
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

General question for everyone that has run the missions often...do both missions drop everything (armor, weapons, non-vis, augs) as opposed to NoS where you ran certain missions for certain drops?
  14. Marton Augur

Speaking of missions, does LS collar drop less then NoS cloak last year? I gave away many task adds for door mission and a lot of people were happy recipients of the cloak.

Maybe I'm just having bad luck but it seems LS collar is rarer.
  15. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Not for nothing, but the fact that you're complaining about TS is probably music to Ngreth's ears. I get the impression he feels too many concessions have been made already on TS. All his posts on the matter lead me to believe he wants TS to be very difficult.
    Stymie likes this.
  16. Windance Augur

I went maybe 20 missions with out seeing any drop then had 3x out of the next six.
  17. Windance Augur

I can confirm that the Reflective Emberquartz Flecked Timber drop from the plants Timorous Falls and the Treants in unkempt woods.

The drop rate is pretty low though, but I was able to get enough to make a couple of the TS weapon molds for folks.
  18. Razorfall Augur

I mostly see people around the namer camp when they do those. There's a spot a kind of close that aren't PHs for anything that might be good for that
  19. Allayna Augur

Would make sense to make timber drop from the lumberjacks in TF as well.
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

Stop trying to apply common sense to EQ.:D
    Fenthen likes this.