Crown of Deceit Faction Issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Wumbusu, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Wumbusu New Member

I have been working on getting "warmly" faction with the Frogloks of Guk in order to acquire the Crown of Deceit. According to EQ forums, that requires a faction of 750. I killed so many undead frogloks in Sebilis, that my faction level is 2000. Even though it's 2000, it says my faction level is only "kindly" which is the level below "warmly." I cannot raise my faction any higher. Even if I go and kill more undead frogloks, it tells me "your faction cannot get any better."

I did this quest on another toon on another server a very long time ago, probably over 10 years ago. I logged into her to see what her faction level was, and she too was at 2000, except her faction level was "ally."

How can I get this fixed?
  2. Riou EQResource

Frogloks of Guk have the following Modifiers:
    Race Modifiers:
    Barbarian (-499)
    Dark Elf (-650)
    Drakkin (-499)
    Dwarf (-499)
    Erudite (-499)
    Gnome (-499)
    Guktan (-499)
    Half Elf (-499)
    Halfling (-499)
    High Elf (-499)
    Human (-499)
    Iksar (-1000)
    Ogre (-750)
    Troll (-1000)
    Vah Shir (-499)
    Wood Elf (-499)

Deity Modifiers:
    Bertoxxulous (-1000)
    Cazic-Thule (-1000)
    Innoruuk (-1000)
    Rallos Zek (-250)

You can try Illusioning Race to a lower negative one, and/or if your Race/Class/Deity can use it the Scalp of the Ghoul Lord gives +250 Faction when equipped, there are also Alliance Songs/Spells/Clickies that can be obtained for another +100

Otherwise Factioning on a Persona that has better Modifiers since inventory is shared
  3. Silvena *poke*

Riou has it right. The more grumpy races needed to do additional things to complete this quest. In my case.. Innoruuk worshipping dark elf needed the Scalp of the Ghoul Lord and a wood elf illusion potion.

In short, not a bug. Just old flavor and work.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Newer players being hit with EQ's version of "Back in my day...". :D
  5. Sheebea Augur

Ogre SHD here. Took me months getting faction to obtain that clicky. Scalp of the Ghoul Lord helped too.
  6. Wumbusu New Member

I'm not above doing the work. It's just that I feel like I'm stuck since no matter how many more Frogloks in Sebilis I kill, my faction doesn't seem to change.

I'll try the Scalp of the Ghoul and a Wood Elf illusion to see if it will help. Thank you for the recommendation.
  7. Xanbar Augur

Was able to complete the quest as iksar(-1000) cazic-thule(-1000) with good race illusion and scalp equipped for warmly.
  8. Silvena *poke*

Up that hill BOTH ways!
    Velisaris_MS likes this.