Weapon Ratios!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Filter, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Micker99 Augur

Or far less complicated. I highly doubt it would take long, to upgrade the weapon damage field of their database. They aren't adding anything new, they are changing a number. If a simple change like that, is complicated, then that's a pretty sad setup. They can change spell damage and correct names etc. no problem, when they decide to nerf or buff something. Many patches have changes to damage numbers, spell or otherwise. They make balance changes all the time.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They never have enough time to finish expansion content in beta as it is and this is evident by type 3 augs being pushed after the expansion launched.
    fransisco likes this.
  3. Lubianx Augur

I hope you are kidding? Some of the type 18/19s add a lot more than just HP (procs, assaulter etc). I know some raiders who are still using The Burning Lands ones for this reason
  4. Zunnoab Augur

Tweaking stats is not "coding." That whole exchange was weird.

Furthermore they have followed very formulaic itemization for most items and augs the last few years. I don't know what their item database stat entry looks like or if they can do it in bulk, but I'd imagine it's more a data entry thing not coding, for changing old items.

I'm not saying I think they should. I'm neutral. But it's not coding, like allowing bag slots past 10 was (which they said took more work than the entire mercenary system).
    Kaenneth and KushallaFV like this.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

This is one of the dumbest threads I've seen here in awhile, and that's saying something.

Melee were underpowered compared to casters. Rather than nerf casters they are buffing melee. They went the easiest/laziest route and just increased weapon ratios. So yeah, group stuff this year is better than raid stuff last year. So what? Get over it.

If you raid you'll get raid weapons that are even better, so who cares?
    Rexa, Warpeace, fransisco and 6 others like this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Why? I don't think you understand why the new weapons have such better damage than the older ones. They corrected a years-long problem with melee damage.

You act as if they would be going back and upgrading older weapons just for the hell of it. That's not true. Going back and adjusting the damage would be a FIX, putting those weapons where they SHOULD have been all along so that they scale properly frome expansion to expansion.
    Kaenneth and Micker99 like this.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Compounding the issue is the fact that this is a problem that has been slowly growing over the years. Maybe 5 years ago it was only half the problem it was in 2023 and 10 years ago only 1% of an issue. They would need to determine how much gain to apply for each year and do all years separately.
  8. Micker99 Augur

Just because they are using them, doesn't mean they add much to your character. You think even 5K hps matters? When was the last time you got down to under 50% hps in the group game lol. My point was that the new weapons are exponentially more impactful, than a few K hps from some gear.
  9. Micker99 Augur

Raids don't start for awhile and it takes a lot of time to get raid weapons. You obviously don't play on FV, where you can sell or give your raid weapons to alts, as you replace them with new ones. That is a big deal, if you have a bunch of alts, that have raid weapons and now need to replace all of them with group weapons, then again with raid weapons as you get them, throwing your current TS raid weapons in the trash.

It's not the end of the world, but it shouldn't be like that. You are right, they probably got too busy and haven't change the previous weapons. I assume they will at some point. Probably the biggest selling point for the expansion, to level up and get the new weapons. Once most have bought it, they will probably update the weapons then. Just would be nice to know if that is there intentions or not for sure.
  10. Knifen Augur

Thats just it, you dont NEED to replace anything, you can make it just fine till raids. I upgraded to the new weapons only because I wanted to, and nothing wrong with wanting the new stuff, but nothing NEEDs to change to work.
  11. Micker99 Augur

Of course you don't NEED to upgrade, but isn't that the point of the game? Leveling, getting bigger better armor, spells and weapons? Better gear makes you more efficient and kill faster and take down bigger mobs, getting exp faster, which saves a lot of your time. So yeah, you can kill a mob in 3 mins with old weapons/spells and be fine or use new ones and kill it in 30sec. Which would you prefer? Why do you think people put in time to raid? You don't NEED the best gear, but it makes playing much more fun and takes less time to gain exp etc.. The whole main goal of this game, is to get your character to be the strongest you can.
  12. Knifen Augur

You were the one that said you needed to upgrade all your alts. Im just pointing out and you're agreeing with me now based on your reply, that you don't need to. So the back updating of old weapons is moot and unneeded.
  13. Tyranthraxus Grognard

The back updating, would be nice on Live for raiders, and FV.

It would be a massive fix to later stage TLP's. The game was broken, this is a fix, backworking the fix to balance the era it became a problem, doesn't fix much on live, but not all servers are live.
  14. Micker99 Augur

I need to upgrade them, if I want to be the most efficient and powerful that I can be and of course everyone wants that. My point was no one NEEDS to upgrade anything, that's remotely useable. But no one wants to be using obsolete equipment, and being weak either. That's the point of the game, grow your character stronger. So you NEED to upgrade, if you don't want to be inefficient and fall behind the average curve. That's why people raid and that is why people farm and upgrade their equipment. You could chug along with 5yr old equipment and be fine, but is that fun or helping you get exp at a good rate? Your argument is you don't need anything special to play the game. You do need a certain level of things to play the game efficiently and properly.

If you personally don't mind being below average dps and enjoy the game like that, than great, play how you want. A lot of people enjoy having the best weapons and gear and being extra powerful. That is why people are drawn to raiding.

'I'm done with this thread, because it's not helping anything. People who group got massive upgrades and couldn't care less about raid equipment, I wouldn't either. People who raid or play on FV or get chase items, care, but what can we do? They might change the previous gear, they might not. Doesn't matter, I have already upgraded all my guys to the TS LS weapons. I'll get all the raid weapons, when they start becoming available in a couple months. I just thought it was an odd decision and didn't agree with it.
  15. Zolav Augur

OMG this still trucking along? lol.
    Jhenna_BB and KarmaKitty like this.
  16. KarmaKitty Augur

Again, I'm just happy my new weapons are not as "sucky" as the old ones.
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Schadenfreude Augur

This is just nonsense. For many years raid weapons have been considerably better than group weapons spanning several expansions to the point that prior to LS I cannot remember the last time I used a group weapon (and I've been quite far behind the bleeding edge gear-wise for a long time.)

As things stand I have a chase weapon from LS that is lower damage than a random T1 named drop. Bonkers.

Fortunately, they have said they will adjust previous expansion weapons when time allows so hopefully this will start with NoS and by extension the LS chase weapons.
    Buds likes this.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

Because the ultra rare drops are a cut & paste victim. If they don't fix them (the weapons), then they'll be essentially useless for a full cycle (2 expansions).
    Schadenfreude likes this.
  19. Tutankamen Augur

Where did you see a dev say they'd update previous expacs weapons... if that's the case that's (good) news to me
    Schadenfreude likes this.
  20. Schadenfreude Augur

Tyranthraxus likes this.