[QoL Request] Decrease LS mission replay timer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Windance Augur

Dear EQ Devs,

Please consider decreasing the replay timers for the LS missions "Heroes are Forged" and "Final Fugue".

The current reply timers mirror those from past expansions which limit the number of times the missions can be run to once or twice a day.

With only have 50% of the missions to choose from, it would be nice if we could repeat them more often.
    Fanra, Barton-Vox, KushallaFV and 2 others like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Agreed. That's a no-brainer...half the content, cut replay timers in half.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Then they would halve the coin and drops too.
    Kaenneth, Andarriel and Fenthen like this.
  4. Windance Augur

They did bump the amount of "stuff" on the chest.

You get 1x spell, 1x type 5, 1x type 7, 1x T1 armor, and 1x TS item and 1-2 T1 weapons

The issue is the getting a hold of the TS weapons and evolving items. I've done 10-15 and have seen 1x TS weapon item drop.

It would be nice to be able to do these twice a night after work with out staying on for 6+ hours. ( actually wish they would just drop them all down to ~ 3 hr )
  5. Alnitak Augur

It works for me as it is.
    I come home after works and between dinner, dog walk and family time I have time to do only two missions. I field 2 crews and do Fugue mission twice. 12 character get coins and so many upgrades. Slowly but surely it accumulates.

In comparison, in NoS, especially during bonus weekends, I had ran Door mission 6 times in a row with rotating crews. Man, that was tiresome. Sure, reward was great, but typically in about 3 hours of mad race we would take 3 hours of a rest/break and had no energy to do another 6-mission dash (any of the remaining 3). Perhaps DPG gathered the statistics of mission runs and decided that on average people only do 1 or 2 missions regularly, so they've come up with only 2 missions with increased rewards and those are somewhat different, so different groups prefer one or another and just redo it.
    So far - current mission arrangement works for my playstyle.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

They got short staffed during development for various reasons and reassigned some people working on missions.
  7. Rylak Elder

Posts like these make me wonder if people actually understand what QOL is intended to mean?

I wonder if you go in and ask your workplace for the same pay check, but to get the same amount 2 times a week rather than normally just the 1 time? Let us know how that turns out.
  8. Alnitak Augur

Crap! You should have made a note it was a sarcasm. My boss just fired me for that =(
  9. Rylak Elder

10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Worst analogy I’ve ever seen. The request is for more gameplay, and in your analogy more work.

There shouldn’t even be a lockout timer. It’s a group game, and it should promote grouping.
    Barton-Vox likes this.