Changing the look of NPCs in the guild hall

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Two questions with regards to changing Guild Hall NPCs

1. Is there a way to know who changed the look of NPCs?

2. If there a way to restrict who can change the looks of NPCs?
    Maedhros likes this.
  2. Szilent Augur

no

no
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

4. Raccoo Augur

No

Yes (Restrict who is allowed inside the GH)
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its a fast quest
    A Poem for Arwik

To get this:
    My idea would be to just do the quest and change them yourself. Dunno if that would work but I never liked how it changed them anyway and half the time they didn't stay changed if the guild hall went empty or maybe it was a 6 hour timer - don't remember
    Rijacki and Iven like this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Some of them will hold the appearance change...some will change back to whatever they were before after the instance shuts down. I tried several times to change the appearance of the personal banker NPC, but he would always revert back when a new instance spun up.

I don't know if it's intentional or that NPC is just broken.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. Hegsheoshed Augur

Wasn't me! Wrong server.
  8. Flatchy Court Jester

I changed all mine to trolls about a year ago and they are still the same way. We use the same old standard looking guild hall though so that may make a difference.
    Nennius likes this.
  9. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I've never had a problem with them reverting appearances in our palatial hall and there are even multiple versions of most of the types with different appearances set. But, I set those appearances a couple years ago. I wish it was possible to give the NPCs armor to wear to change their appearances in that way (like in EQ2).

You might be able to limit who can change them by restricting the "interact", but then those thus restricted wouldn't be able to use the gnome teleporter or other travel thingies.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

There's a multi-year-long known bug about the first X number of NPCs you place reverting back to default versions of themselves. I posted on it a couple of years ago, never got resolved.
  11. Zaph Augur

Ours keep getting altered, so its either a toxic player, or could it even be a bug due to the personas.

This hasnt been a problem before until very recently, most the NPCs were set at default, and now they are all gnomes.
    a few days ago a majority of them were changed to trolls.

ive submitted a petition to look at the GH changelog, hopefully put a end to this stupidity, or deguild who ever is doing it.
  12. Allayna Augur

I mean, our whole guild hall disappeared for a few weeks...cosmetics? small fish to fry really....anchors are still a common issue, disappearing and getting placed in eviction crates or item overflow.
  13. Zaph Augur

Ive dealt with a missing guildhall contents three times over the years - it took months to fix, and still isnt right., yes things still go missing like trophies and anchors.

This is new, and quite possibly totally unrelated, so keep to the topic.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It has been fine for the last 4 years and our NPC change of look only started on Tuesday. Which makes us conclude it is a disrepectful player, who has no respect for anyone else in the guild as one was set for a guildmate who passed away.