Pick Thresholds in LS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Brickhaus, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Brickhaus Augur

What have folks been seeing as the magic numbers in LS zones now that picks are in?

Edit -

Laurion Inn - 20? 37? I think ... there were 37 in main pick, 20 in second pick and a third pick spawned...
    Ankexfen Keep - more than 28...
    TImorous Falls - more than 23...
    Unkempt Woods - more than 38...
    Moors of Nokk - pick spawned at 36 in zone [confirmed a second time]
    Pal'Lomen - more than 17...
    The Hero's Forge - 20 in zone, able to get a /pick ... 19 in zone, unable [confirmed by second person]

[FYI - since this thread has become nonsense, just updating the first post when I have more information]
  2. Cadira Augur

Also curious....
  3. Allayna Augur

I saw the merc suspension messaging at 60, which is laughable for servers with more than one raiding guild.

Basically any time 1 raiding guild zones into LI all mercs are gonna get popped >.<
    Hobs, Kendeth, Fenthen and 1 other person like this.
  4. Zunnoab Augur

They need to totally axe the suspending mercs thing. It's nonsensical and helps nothing. I'm not affected but it's nonsensical.
  5. Jack Elder

Why do mercs even count as 'players' in the zone? They're basically just hired pets.... If they're going to suspend mercs to make room for actual players, then they should count pets as well. Could you imagine, now suspending all pets.....
  6. Allayna Augur

It really should change, with F2P if I wanted to be a clown I could grief a whole zone by just loading multiple characters and sitting in zone all day.
    Marton and Jack like this.
  7. Brickhaus Augur

I would pay extra a month to suspend pets. Take my money!

Back to my original topic, I was in Nokk last night with 26 and no pick. Tried for about 10 minutes.

And right now on Xegony, 3 picks of Laurion Inn ... 39 in main, 25 in pick 1 and 9 in pick 5

Ding, ding, ding ... 22 seems to spawn a pick in The Hero's Forge
  8. Micker99 Augur

It should be 40 players max. I guess anything is better than the 100+, that was in the zone on FV, fighting over skunks.
    Andarriel likes this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

People walking around wearing "Mercs are people too!" t-shirts. :D

But seriously, the fact they they STILL consider mercs as "players" with regards to zone population is laughable. They're pets that you have to pay.
    Fenthen, Svann2, Rijacki and 2 others like this.
  10. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

And mercs are less controllable than swarm pets..
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  11. Conq Augur

How about an emote with sound when all the merc's die at once? The Mercenary's Death Knoll, played zonewide for all to rejoice?
    Conq
    Silvena and Rijacki like this.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

Wilhelm scream every time a merc dies.
    Mikana likes this.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

"Daddy, my teacher says, every time a merc dies, Conq gets his wings!"

Oh, and it's "knell", not knoll :)
    Rijacki and Nennius like this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Unless the knoll happens to be kgrassy.
    Tatanka, Mikana, Marton and 2 others like this.
  15. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

And not just kgassy?
    Nennius and Sissruukk like this.
  16. Slasher Augur

we already seen the zones can support 100 + without lagging so why are we suspending mercs at 60 ?
    Svann2 and Allayna like this.
  17. Jack Elder

Just saw the too many players in the zone message in LS and there are 58 players....
  18. Marton Augur

47 in Unkempt Woods, couldn't get a pick.
  19. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

They were fighting over skunks and i was fishing lol. did a /who there was 100 players did a bit later said there was to many to list.
  20. Rondor Augur

Good trick to have on hand the next time there are so many players in zone: doing "/who count" will show you the count of how many people in zone even when it's over the limit of listing everyone's name.
    Nennius, CrazyLarth and Andarriel like this.