Weapon Ratios!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Filter, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Zarkdon Augur

Where did I state that?
  2. Micker99 Augur

Of course you can use old weapons. You could do the progression with 10yr old weapons. Doesn't mean it wouldn't have been easier to do with the newer weapons. If you did everything with the old weapons, why bother upgrading at all? Because the point of the game is to get more powerful, not just survive. I personally like when my toon is way OP. I like to steamroll things, that is just fun to me. It's a game, fun is whatever you enjoy. I have played since 1999 and always enjoyed when I twinked up a character long ago and they were god mode lol. What's the point of a fantasy game, if you are just average Joe Schmoe?

Obsolete, means that the item is worse than anything you can get now and you would only use it, if you didn't have access to anything else. A typewriter is obsolete, but you can still type your letters on one or you can use a PC. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean there isn't a MUCH better way to do it.
  3. Knifen Augur

But means they dont need to go back and update old weapons, they still do/did just fine for their expansion and the current one.
    Ozon likes this.
  4. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I would just fix it, so the TLPs don't encounter the same problems.
    Xyphen likes this.
  5. Cadira Augur

Melee weapons in the past couple expacs were anything but "just fine" lol
    fransisco and Micker99 like this.
  6. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

You should put that strawman back in it's corn field before the crows see it's gone.

All I've stated is that I can see how people let their feelings override facts, and it's understandable.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How many times does it have to be mentioned that every weapon in an expansion will get replaced by a weapon in the next expansion? You keep saying that people get upset for something that happens every single expansion and is just happening a bit earlier this expansion because a bug was fixed.
  8. Tutankamen Augur

Maybe it's easier to word it like this. Typically you can go 2 years without replacing your weapon if you're not frantic about having the BIS weapon- you can use last years raid weapon and be fine with it. They just created a huge hassle for every player by forcing them to update to a new in 1 year instead of 2. There is another aspect, in that raid weapons are much better looking than group weapons, and have a unique particle effect. The last years raid weapons were particularly good looking. Replacing that with field group slop isn't really appropriate. The devs should go back and update last years raid weapons to put them in their proper place - full stop. I really don't know why I haven't seen a single DEV comment on this. Why ignore an issue that's clearly upsetting its player base?
  9. Ozon Augur

The LS group weapons are fairly common from missions or named. Everyone can decide for themselves if stats vs weapon ratio matter more to them. No one NEEDS to replace NoS and prior raid weapons at this point, unless they want to. This argument that its a pain to get the drops is weak, are you not going to do missions or are you intentionally avoiding named. Do you see a new weapon drop and /q because it's tainted somehow?

Should weapon ratios been more consistent since RoK, yes. But they weren't. It would be nice if the Devs had/have time to retro all the old weapons going back, but honestly that is a large amount of weapons, and LS lacks content as is. I would think, most people want more new content, vs a rehash of old content, which is currently easy to replace.

But hey here we are, so what do I know.
    fransisco and Knifen like this.
  10. Zunnoab Augur

Shouldn't the new weapons be powerful enough to want them? If thier increases (by the logic of your post) were so negligible you could skip expansions, doesn't that only highlight the problem?

Granted I suppose if you can carry focus items for four expansions it's fair for weapons to a point.

How about this? Hypothetically since obviously I have no say in the matter:
    Distribute the weapon upgrades as steps with bigger upgrades every other expansion, much like casters get marginal upgrades on non-level increase expansions?
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you really feel that way about not having the BIS weapon you can still keep your current weapon.

ToL raid ts 1hb 378 (Luclinite Coagulated Hammer)
    NoS raid ts 1hb 420 (Spectral Luclinite Hammer)
    Increase of 42 damage

Seems like it would be silly to not upgrade from expansion to expansion as that is a 5.2% upgrade which will help improve your dps.

As has been said it multiple times it would be nice if they go back and update them now that work on the expansion is complete.
    Xyphen likes this.
  12. Raymond Lorekeeper

They. Will. Never. Go. Back. And. Change. Old. Weapons. To. Be. More. Powerful.
    Twenty Five (25) YEARS of Everquest is the precedent. Why is anyone asking or even thinking this is something EQ developers think about or do sometimes or may do in the future? It is not a thing in Everquest. The player base, despite a few vocal here, does not want this. This is not Diablo where they do things like go back and upgrade old weapons.
    fransisco likes this.
  13. Zarkdon Augur

Probably a reason Diablo has more than 15 people that play it.
  14. Raymond Lorekeeper

Apples and Oranges.
    They could make EQ like Diablo or Destiny or whatever. Doubt they will. It would make more sense to just make a new game then.
  15. Micker99 Augur

Who doesn't want that? Why wouldn't you want that, what would it hurt? A lot of people play on FV and on there, older raid weapons are picked up by groupers, who want to enjoy having raid level weapons. Now all those weapons are worthless at 120+. The whole point of the weapon upgrade, was to fix the issue with them not properly upgrading the weapons in previous expansions, because of a coding issue. They fixed it and now should put the weapons to what they would have and should have been.
    Xyphen likes this.
  16. Tutankamen Augur

Of course they want it- every single person I've talked to in game wants it. And no- it doesn't mean just b/c people want it , they're going to go back and retroactively fix it- but really all they'd need to change is the damage ratios. That's a real low-effort fix. Just changing some numbers to be better than the current T2 group but, worse than the current LS raid.
    Micker99 likes this.
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It was a suggestion, not an order. FWIW, I was responding to your post speaking for all melee. You don't try and speak for me, I won't try and suggest how you might play the game.
  18. Micker99 Augur

We always get upgrades every expansion. Problem is that these aren't just upgrades, they are a whole different ballpark of weapons. It doesn't really matter, I like getting huge upgrades, over the usual tiny amount we normally do. I just figured they would want to balance the dps below 120, where the problem originally started. It's fun to get new upgrades, but I would much rather have my T2 raid weapons, somewhere between the best group weapons and the T1 raid weapons, like they usually are. We would have gotten a huge upgrade on all the previous weapons, would have been nice.

I have never seen group weapons selling for 4Mpp lol. Good for the peeps who are farming the heck out of them. Every raider and grouper, with every alt, wants to upgrade to them now. I already got most of my group TS weapons, so I'm ready to go, once I hit 125(into 124 with 6 toons now).
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

If you did that before you can still do that. You were fine not having BIS, now youre not?
    fransisco likes this.
  20. Lubianx Augur

People upgrade from raid to group with evolving items every time a new one comes out. Yes you have to evolve it in group content a bit before it is better. I never saw people complaining that they upgraded the back from the year prior's raids to the evolving cloak last year from a group mission. Same with the mask this year.

Why so much angst over group weapons being better until we can get raid ones?