Priority Request for Next Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by KushallaFV, Dec 12, 2023.

1. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

I don't really care about it for gameplay reasons, but 14 spell slots is needed urgently. I'd love 15 or 16.

I need some options other than 1x13 for spell bar combinations.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I'd much prefer an overhaul of the entire spell system than another spell slot.

If you've scribed a spell, you can cast it. Simple as that. Remove all spell slot limits!
    Micker99 and Dre. like this.
  3. Rexa Ask someone else for buffs

I'd very much prefer a spell "trim." And if anyone needs more than 13 spell gem slots then perhaps such spells should better be converted to AAs instead.
    Jack, Dre., Windance and 1 other person like this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Pass, consolidate and trim class spells. Give us a reason to want and need to use them.
    Andarriel and Dre. like this.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

I would love to see this downward scaling to some degree so that core, class-defining and highly useful abilities are available to certain classes/sooner. Some examples:
    • Bind/gate functionality for melee classes
    • Virtually all healing spells very weak pre-50
    • Melee disciplines all but nonexistent pre-50
    • Warrior agro extremely underpowered pre-100
    • Archery/throwing mastery/endless ammo for everyone
    • HME regeneration, particularly in-combat
  6. Tuco Augur

Andarriel, Rexa and Dre. like this.
  7. Dre. Altoholic

8. Tuco Augur

summary: start using numbers like the yaulp line and stop updating spells nobody uses
    Andarriel, Fenthen, Silvena and 4 others like this.
  9. fransisco Augur

I Want a tradeskill change.

They current method is really dumb. You need to go out and camp named to hope for a drop to get your tradeskill item. This is no different than just camping that named for gear. tradeskills are supposed to be an alternate way to get gear.

Go back to RoS style, where TS gear was maybe tier 1.5, and some named dropped better gear. If overseer giving components is a problem, dont grant the new components with overseer.

However change tradeskills because this is the most uninspired way of doing them.
    Fenthen and Rijacki like this.
  10. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I know playing a Wizard over the past 3+ years on TLP from Classic - VoA there are certain spell lines that get upgrades at every level increase that I have never once used. The Fire, Magic and Ice single target non-Ethereal spells for one example. Thricewoven Energy line. I don't think I have used any of the Lure spells since Omens of War. The Wizard swarm pet is a waste of a global cooldown. The mindfreeze line is a good idea in theory, but doesn't do nearly enough damage to justify casting.

I am certain that most, if not all classes, suffer from this same problem.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

A better change would be make them about equal and just differ in the stats they focus on, that way you can choose to go either route.
    fransisco and Rijacki like this.
  12. Bernel Augur

And for these types of spells, just let me cast the highest level and the server automagically puts the proper version on the player for their level. So I just mem one spell: "Yaulp XVIII". If I cast it on a level 1, that person gets "Yaulp I". If I cast it on a level 70, they get "Yaulp XII". Cast it on a 125, they get "Yaulp XVIII". The same with the group version. If I do a MGB of "Yaulp XVIII", then everyone gets buffed with whatever Yaulp buff is appropriate for their level no matter if they are a level 1 or level 125. That way I don't have to do separate casts of all the different levels of Yaulp to buff people of different levels.

And it would also be great if there could be a simplification of the buff level restriction ranges. The lower levels are a little wacky and confusing as to what level buffs will land on what level characters.
    Tatanka likes this.
  13. Roxas MM Augur

nono, some spells ( like for me as a beastlord ) i prefer to use my good old dicho fury and not the newer versions, since the only important part of it is the 100 hands effect, that does not get upgraded with every new expac. it's lower mana use and never fizzles.
  14. Bernel Augur

You could still cast whatever level you like. If you want to mem the lower level and use that, no problem. What I would like is the ability to mem just the one max level spell and be able to cast it on any character from 1 to max level, but they get the level-approriate version. Like with the Yaulp line, if someone asks me for a buff, I have to know their level, figure out which of the Yaulp buffs from I to XVIII will land on their level, and then mem that specific Yaulp buff. I'd rather just cast Yaulp XVIII and they end up with Yaulp II because they're level 16 and that's the version which will land on them. But if a level 125 wants Yaulp II, then I'd mem Yaulp II specifically and cast it on them.

For instance, when my Enchanter is casting C and haste for random lowbies, he mem's all the clarity and haste spells like this so he can cast the right one for the player's level:

[IMG]

I click a person and then go down through the spell gems until I stop getting the "Your spell is too powerful for the target message". I'd rather just have the single max clarity and haste spells memmed. I cast those on anyone and the server figures out which appropriate level to give the person. But if a level 125 wanted Clarity, I would still be able to give them Clarity by casting that on them.
  15. fransisco Augur

That works too. The basic issue is that doing tradeskills means camping named for drops. Which makes it not really tradeskills anymore
  16. Zunnoab Augur

I had the opportunity last year to directly ask any question and I got a very clear answer:
    More spell slots means more player power and they are very wary about it.
  17. Zarkdon Augur

How about we look at doing all of these things after they get 4 missions back in the game? Although I have a feeling there will just be 2 going forward.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Damn I didn't know we could make Priority requests. I have just been making regular ones all this time. Shucks.
    Jhenna_BB, Tatanka, Ozon and 4 others like this.
  19. Micker99 Augur

Ooh, that is an interesting Idea! Just have a new spell book open and click on whatever you want to cast.
  20. Nennius Curmudgeon

Priority may have a different meaning in this case.