Bulwark of many portals not summoning from cauldron of countless goods since expansion went live

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by A_ranger001, Dec 13, 2023.

1. A_ranger001 Journeyman

I have been trying to replenish my supply of gate clickies for over a week now and haven't gotten a single one. Other mages I have discussed this with report the same issue.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Bad RNG, not a bug, still between 5 and 10% in the spell data.

[40462] Bountiful Summoning
    9: Cast: Summon Bulwark of Many Portals (5% Chance) (v340)

[40464] Bountiful Summoning III
    9: Cast: Summon Bulwark of Many Portals (10% Chance) (v340)
  3. A_ranger001 Journeyman

Then the other 4 mages I talked to are also having bad RNG, none of them have summoned one since the expansion went live either.
  4. Thunderkiks Augur

I got one yesterday.
  5. Kalamos Augur

Just got one out of the Cauldron this morning. Bad RNG is the likely culprit.
  6. Rikkard New Member

The rate of proc for the BoMP is way to low...last week I had 127 pulls on the cauldron of countless goods and got one BoMP...soooo less than 1%. I understand that one test run is anecdotal at best however it does show that there "may" be a rounding error in the coding for the drop rate of this item...like maybe a period is in the wrong place..."1.0% versus 10.%"
  7. Rikkard New Member

So I now have ~ 500 pulls (give or take, i may have missed a count or 2 along the way) on the CoEG hoping for the BoMP. I have been using the rank 2 of this spell and according to the Bountiful Summonings II there should be an 8% chance to land the door. I should have somewhere near 40 doors...i have 23 or right at 5%. On the surface it does not sound like that much but if someone was supposed to give you 40 bucks but only gave you 23, you would be irritated.
  8. Brickhaus Augur

That's not how probability works. No one is supposed to give you anything over a probability distribution. Your example is meaningless.

Besides everyone knows the best way to get something out of the cauldron is to not want it, because the RNG knows all.