Personas are detrimental on Oakwynd

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rebelord, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Rebelord Journeyman

The use cases for personas was bad to begin with, but specifically on Oakwynd it's detrimental to use them because they don't count towards the legacy bonus. I wanted to make use of the expansion features I purchased, if I do then I miss out on the bonus experience I would have gained from just keeping them separate.

Fast-camp only zones made the feature pretty pointless, each persona having their own lockout (on Oakwynd) was a pipe dream and not counting for the legacy bonus made it a negative to actually use it. I think I actually regret purchasing the expansion on all my accounts as I will use no feature from it. What was the point?
  2. Basak Augur

There may be other servers for the game outside Oakwynd. May need to double check though.
    Brildon and Rijacki like this.
  3. Rebelord Journeyman

This is obviously a reference to asking what was the point of me buying the expansion for features that won't be used on the referenced server, Oakwynd.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  4. Taladir Augur

Literally unplayable.
  5. TLP Addict Augur

If you don't plan to play the content or use the features, just don't buy it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Same as there being no real reason to buy NoS unless you wanted to dupe billions of plat do a lot of tradeskilling.

Brildon likes this.
  6. Brildon Augur

Well obviously don't buy it then lol... not everything is useful to everyone.
  7. Lejaun Augur

It's not detrimental to use them. For many people, it may not give them the optimum experience bonuses, but it isn't detrimental.

The persona feature is much more valuable on other servers, but it isn't useless on Oakwynd. Here is what I personally have found useful with personas on Oakwynd:
    -No need to switch out gear in the bank. I grouped my characters by type/armor. My cloth casters are all together, my rogue and ranger are together, and so on. I just need to be in a city/quick camp zone and instantly change to the class I want to play.
    -Teleport options. This would have been more helpful in classic, but it occassionally has a use. Let's say you are a Erudite but want to go to Mistmoore. Log into the game, at character select use your erudite and return home. That places you in Paineel or Erudin. Persona switch to your gnome and cast origin. You are now in Ak'Anon. Persona switch back to your Erudite and go to Mistmoore. Or you can have a wizard/druid persona alt. Origin to your home city with your melee class. Persona switch to the druid/wizard and port to Nexus. Switch to your melee class again and go hunt on Luclin without having to wait for a spires port.
    -Make tradeskill superstars. Put that shaman and gnome enchanter and rogue on the same persona. Switch from each one to make the specialized class things, but also have ability to make everything else without having to switch characters (only persona).

And if these or other features aren't good for you, no problem. You don't have to use them. You can make a separate alt character still and its the same as it has ever been on the server. No detriment.