Weapon Ratios!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Filter, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Raymond Lorekeeper

My Short Sword of the Ykesha would like to discuss obsolescence with all entitled cry babies in conference room 4 at 1:30pm. Bring kleenex.

Seriously though, complaining about upgrades because they effect what you did yesterday is absolutely bonkers ludicrous.

If your boss gives you a $5 an hour raise will you complain you made $5 less yesterday? Was critical thinking and common sense deleted from public schools?
    Tatanka, Ozon, Jennre and 5 others like this.
  2. Shism .

Congrats! Now you don't need 54 people to get upgrades. Also since you have old raid gear you're geared better than casual players rolling into the same expansion.
    fransisco likes this.
  3. Thren Lorekeeper

Best comment yet!
    fransisco likes this.
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Yes. Have you watched the news particularly around 2015 to now? :D

I know you were kidding, kind of anyway haha
  5. KarmaKitty Augur

There are few things you can get that will not be obsolete at some time. Even bags. I have no drop bags with 100% weight reduction that I'll have to delete at some point for space. Got a pipeline of various size bags among alts. The last of which has a several banked bags full of bags. With the tradeskill depot and dragon hoard, I have tons of space. Even turned in the storage pod in front of the old homestead :p

What doesn't go obsolete? Maybe teleport items on the keying, visible appearance augments, keys, ?
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Careful what you wish for, or they might end up dialing back LS weapons a bit.
  7. ForumBoss Augur

complaining about things getting better is such an EQ old timer thing to do. I'd like the changes to be retroactive to old expansions, but not for the obsolescence, but rather to make the melee classes not suck so much on late era TLP.
    Jennre, fransisco and FranktheBank like this.
  8. Tappin Augur

Just ignore it like 99% of the population. Use your old raid weapons, until you get your new raid one. It's not going to make that much a difference on the first few rounds of raids anyways.
  9. Micker99 Augur

Massive difference, when a weapon is obsolete in the next expansion or 4+ expansions later, like it used to be. Some people just got raid weapons recently and now they are garbage? It is a big deal for people who raid. To assume that your raid weapons will hold you over, until you can get new ones, was a pretty safe bet, considering it has been that way since EQ started. I mean what are you going to do with level 120 req weapons now lol?

The point was that they kept melee too low before and wanted to fix it. It's a little silly to have a rogue go from a group weapon dps at 119, to the group weapon at 120+, it's a ridiculous jump. It changes the whole class dps dynamic abruptly. So you have to sludge along until you can get to level 121 and start doing proper dps for your class?

I see the post above, that says they are going to go back and upgrade the previous weapons a bit, I assume that was a Dev on discord or something? It would only make sense, not like it is a lot of work, just change the damage, that's it.
    Tutankamen likes this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Raid weapons are always obsolete the next expansion, the only difference is they are obsoleted by group weapons and raid weapons instead of just being obsoleted by raid weapons.
    fransisco and Ozon like this.
  11. Micker99 Augur

Wrong analogy. It's like if your boss paid you $50 yesterday and today, the government decided to make the dollar worth a penny, and introduce new currency. Your $50 is just about worthless now. Would you be happy about that?
  12. ForumBoss Augur

For raiders, they can venture into group content to get a minor weapon upgrade if they can't wait a month for new raids, and get a weapon that makes their character better, thus giving them something small to do .
    For non-raiders, they get a big boost in dps by getting a new group weapon.
    For those who don't buy the expansion, you do the same exact damage as you did before. I see two win's and a non change. Being upset that things get better is not the developers problem, but I certainly agree that retroactive changes would be great for other reasons.
    FranktheBank, fransisco and Sprooce like this.
  13. Micker99 Augur

Not even close. They were not obsolete, just not as good. Obsolete, means there is no reason to use them anymore, as anything you can get, is better. Older raid weapons were still much better than anything else you could get, until you upgraded to them. The jump was relatively small from raid weapons in expansions, but at least you still had the edge that raid gear gives you in the game, until you got a better upgrade. Don't get me wrong, I love the upgrades they did, just need to smooth the curve.

The Rogue T2 Raid weapon went up by +33 damage/+13 BS damage, from ToL to Nos, Not a big deal
    The Rogue T2 Raid weapon went up by +218 damage/+93 BS damage from NoS to LS. Huge deal
    Xyphen likes this.
  14. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

It’s a facts versus feelings argument. There’s no logical winning this type of argument. People feel jaded, because they feel their time is invalidated. It doesn’t matter that they were able to use the weapons for months or get a quick upgrade in LS.

Feelings are going to trump facts, and the devs should’ve acknowledged the feedback and smoothed out the weapons.
    Micker99 and Xyphen like this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is just being picky, you will replace all your raid weapons each expansion with raid weapons from the next expansion because they are better. In this case they fixed an issue that prevented them from increasing damage as much as much as they wanted meaning you will replace raid weapons with group weapons a little while before you would have replaced them with raid weapons. The end result is the same as you would still need to spend more DKP on upgrading your weapons as soon as raids unlock in the next expansion.

Also your current weapons still work fine they just are no longer the best DPS you can get.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Don't think that anyone isn't saying that they shouldn't go back and adjust older weapons, just that it isn't a major issue about having to upgrade to group weapons for better damage.
  17. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Except people are saying that and saying that by emphasizing it's not a big deal.
    Micker99 likes this.
  18. Derresh Augur

Maybe im an outlier but i kinda like that grp weapons were stronger than previous expansion raid weapons. It has given me something to do while waiting on raids to release and something to look forward to when opening mission chests or killing a named.
    fransisco and ForumBoss like this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I would disagree, I have been saying both that it isn't a big deal that group weapons are replacing last expansion raid weapons DPS wise and it would be nice if they would have adjusted ratios on past expansion weapons.

People would have been replacing those raid weapons in a few months anyway when raids unlocked but instead they are replacing them at expansion unlock and later when raids unlock.
  20. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Again, factually accurate but when feelings don't care about facts. People don't like how it feels. It's understandable about the complaints.