Weapon Ratios!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Filter, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Micker99 Augur

Raid weapons never became obsolete, before you got new ones. I get this is a one time thing, but just seemed very lazy. Those raid weapons are super crazy though, can't wait to get them! Like upgrading to a raid weapon 5+ expansions from now lol.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They can and did become obsolete because they fixed an issue that was keeping weapon damage down. Maybe they will back update older weapons and maybe they won't but in the end melee now have better options for weapons even if they need to switch from a raid weapon to a group weapon for now.
  3. Filter Augur

I guess I structured the post incorrectly in that I was upset for paying DKP. I know DBG owes me nothing and it's not an entitlement post. The point of the post was to ask if they were going to retro the last expansions raid weapons to be better than new expansions group, but less than new expansions raid. My apologies for not being clear. The other point was that if I knew that this was going to happen I wouldn't have spent DKP but that's my own fault for not being apart of beta. There was never any communication to me directly or where I look for info so it wasn't readily available. This is my issue only.

This isn't the end of the world either way but would like to be in the know.
    Micker99 likes this.
  4. Ozon Augur

If some of you all spent as much time camping new LS weapons as you do whining about new LS weapons you would already have new LS weapons.

Also the new weapons are dropping like candy.
  5. Alnitak Augur

Just let it go. It's only weapons, other slots are still good in comparison. It' not a big deal by any measure - not the most optimal dkp use for 1 or 2 items is not worth to post about.
    People do silly biddings on raids all the time, with these weapons upgrades - tough luck, it happens.
  6. Xyphen Maximum Augur

The itemization is just bizarre. Warrior 1-hander, for example... extreme boosts in damage (T3 Laurion Song group is +145 damage over NoS T2 raid). But a massive downgrade in every other stat (-3.7khp and -145ac). As well as loss of Type 8 aug.

Unless EQ Resource's item charts are wrong.

I honestly think the idea is kind of stupid. If they're taking the WoW approach to making every piece of gear pointless prior to an expansion, at least do it coherently.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What you are seeing is correct and the reason why damage has increased so much is because they fixed issues that was preventing damage from increasing much in the past. The damage increase from this expansion is not a normal one and normally it would be less then the raid weapons from the previous expansion like the rest of the stats.

Though melee will still be better off with the new weapons regardless of the other stats that they lose.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

They aren't increasing the HEM curve, only the delay/DPS curve. Group is never going to get raid slots, 8 is the raid slot for group type 4, you still have a weapon aug slot. If someone wants the extra DPS, yes they will have to sacrifice AC and HP until they can get the raid drop.
    Roxas MM, Andarriel and Ozon like this.
  9. fransisco Augur

Oh sorry, I must've missunderstood the FV part.

Though honestly, it doesn't change the main point. You're upset that new weapons are better than what you have. Specifically, that group weapons are better than your old gear. Even though them being better fixes melee problems. You have stated you would rather the devs didn't fix melee if they weren't gonna make sure your old gear was still superior.
  10. fransisco Augur

The idea was to fix damage. Not address the stat disparity between raid and group gear when all missions are balanced for raid gear.

Though honestly, and good melee should use a statless weapon if its better damage. Every other stat on a weapon is secondary.
  11. Jennre Band Leader

They can't just go back and retro-fit those weapons without rebalancing entire previous expansions. Its not that simple.

I would rather they focus on new upcoming stuff than making sure obsolete weapons are going to be not obsolete. Enjoy the power gain from the new group weapons. All of this will be a non-issue next December.
    Filter and Katriel -AB- like this.
  12. KarmaKitty Augur

As a non-raid pally, I'm just happy to have a 1HS weapon that doesn't stink so much.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Thren and Nennius like this.
  13. KarmaKitty Augur

Don't really know the formulas involved, but I hate seeing my reported AC drop when I (shield less) equip a 2H. Assumed all the positive additions to various stats and AC would boost it.
  14. minimind The Village Idiot

The damage you do with NoS weapons does not change because other more powerful weapons are available. You are allowed and welcome to acquire the new weapons and do even more damage than you are with your current NoS weapons.
  15. Filter Augur

Fully aware of this but thanks nonetheless.
    Micker99 likes this.
  16. Micker99 Augur

They could at least do it for the level 120 req weapons. They are useful for one level lol. A level 120, isn't going to affect much in lower level content. It would also make the chase weapons, in this expansion, actually useable.
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

Oh my, everyone in our attendance-only loot council guilds is going to be so thrilled!!
  18. Schadenfreude Augur

Bell: We've been getting feedback for a bit that particular melee classes have been a little behind in the curve of damage and “usefulness” where a lot of their role is just to do damage and they weren't doing enough. So we made a point to give some extra to Monks, Berserkers, and Rogues to try to help at least a step on the way to getting them caught up. We actually do have plans to backfill that a little bit, at least a few expansions back, to help them along the way where they said they've had a problem.
    alanus and Micker99 like this.
  19. Tutankamen Augur

What do you mean why is this a problem? People invest time in raids so they have end-game gear. If I had time to raid during NOS but now my schedule has changed and I do not have time to raid LS, that means I don't even have competitive gear. Putting in time and effort to equip yourself by raiding pretty much OBLIGATES DB to make sure your weapon is good for AT LEAST 1 EXPAC. Yes... that's the entire point of raiding. They absolutely SHOULD go back and retroactively change all of the NOS raid weapons at least, to be competitive. (I won't say they should go all the way back to TOL). Doing one set of raid weapons would not even be that much effort- it's literally 1 weapon for each class for tier 1 and tier 2. That's what- making stats for like 30-40 weapons or something? Is that a big deal? Take the new group drops and calculate the average between the new raid drops and the group drops. That's it. They wouldn't even have to change the heroic stats or the hp/AC since I think the NOS weapons are better- I think they'd only have to change the ratio- a bare minimum of work.
    Micker99 likes this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Raid weapons are going to be obsolete no matter what you do, the only difference is that for a single expansion they are obsoleted by group weapons instead of raid weapons. You have a chance of getting a better weapon a little earlier this expansion then you normally would.
    fransisco likes this.