12/12/2023 Update. No Persona fixes?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raymond, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Raymond Lorekeeper

Just read the update notes. No fixes for personas is surprising. I am trying to enjoy the feature but you never know which one you will be logged into or if they have any gear as it changes randomly. Latest bug saw my mercenary vanish as well and had to rehire one.
  2. Cadira Augur

To be fair, there's so many problems with personas that it'll probably be December 2027 before we get the final patch fixing them.

Plus, without ability to swap in any zone, they're pretty pointless.
  3. Nudia Augur

They add another bit of something to progress while leveling evolvable items long after our characters are done for the year! Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

I was a bit surprised they didn't do any fixes myself - I know they're useless but still plan to tinker just as soon as it doesn't feel like I'm flipping a coin on trying it out versus deleting my main.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. fransisco Augur

Alot of behind the scenes bug/code fixes never make it into notes.
    This was also just a hot fix. I'm sure that some of the AP bugs are more significant and will involve larger patches
  5. Allayna Augur

4 hour server downtime =/= hotfix.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Moege Augur

/looks at overseer
    /looks at your Decemebr 2027 date

You sir/madam/apache helicopter is an optimist.
    Cadira likes this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

These fixes were the low hanging fruit before vacations, some of which had alrady been worked on and just waiting for another patch. The persona mess is gonna take much longer than a week to fix, if the issues can be fixed at all.
  8. uberkingkong Augur

what overseer has things to fix?
    The UI has things to fix too right?
    AP has things to fix?

UI is fairly new right?
    AP is fairly new right?

Seems like they like to add things into the game and fix them later.
    Next expansion add something new and another thing to fix right?
  9. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

If your hired mercenary (or mercenaries) is gone, zone.
    If you can't do Overseer on your character after switching from a persona, zone.
    If you have created a new persona and are in the Mines and annoyed you don't have the weapon to give to Absor, zone and it's in your overflow along with the other items new characters get.
    If you have adornments and ornaments falling off your bracers... put them back in, over and over and over.

Workarounds are not fixes. They're just stop-gap solutions. I want actual fixes.
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

It was down for like an hour though.
  11. Micker99 Augur

My fix is, forget there is even such a thing as personas lol.
    Metanis, Angahran and Nennius like this.
  12. Alnitak Augur

Inhale - exhale.
    There is plenty of things to do before Personas become viable:
    Farm the missions. Chest drops are good, every character needs them, coins are pletiful, earn those.
    Experience won't earn itself, do the grind/mission/quests. New gear is all level 125 required - level up!

I have just settled on the course I shall take - lots and lots of Fugue missions. I have 4 crews to run it per round, gonna set up 2 more. Tier 2 weapons are awesome so far, tier 3 are even better, new augs are exquisite, I want those all!
    Once my main crew dings at 125, maxxes the new AAs, gear up with LS gear I shall look into Personas.
    Until then - lotsa missions and grinding ahead.
  13. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Not everyone is focused solely on getting to 125. But, yes, there is a plethora of content that can be done without personas and some that can be done with personas. I'll get into doing the current expansion content (other than running around looking at stuff and picking up glowies :) ) eventually when my friends are available and ready do the content with me. (I don't PUG not because I think PUGs are particularly horrible just because I have personal anxiety issues with grouping with just strangers.)

BUT, the availability of LS content also has absolutely nothing to do with issues with the new feature. Like the "zone if" workarounds, eschewing personas until you get to 125 and complete the LS content is a workaround if you were wanting to enjoy some content with your main character in a different class via personas.
  14. Alnitak Augur

Great! You shall enjoy and so shall I. Just not Today, perhaps in a couple of patches things will setlle down and Personas will become a real working thing.
    Same as in the past - too much mess upon release and later on things got better.
    No need to worry, just be lenient, patient and forgiving and enjoy the LS!
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

And because they rushed it, it is down yet again.
  16. Mais_Wilok New Member

They did get my lost inventory back to me, so that's something. I'm not touching the personas again until I hear that bug is actually fixed, though. It's a shame, too. I am one of the people that is happy with this implementation.