Noob Pet Question

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Xtor Zadamose, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Xtor Zadamose Journeyman

I was looking to get my hands on one of those new Goliath magician summoned pet packs. I haven't seen a single one for sale in the bazaar and for that matter any other mage summoned weapon, armor, jewelry packs. So i ask in general chat about it. Someone said that no one uses mage pet weapons because the proc causes lag. I should use daggers. Yes, ordinary daggers Base Damage 3, Backstab Damage 3, Delay 20.

It feels like i was being trolled but this being Everquest and the fact that i haven't heard a single person asking about mage pet weapons and none being sold in the bazaar, has me wondering if maybe that information wasn't so wrong. I know a lot of people are just afk but not a single person in general chat with 400 people in it, said it wasn't true.

So now i have to ask if there is any chance that it is true?
  2. Mikana Augur

In the group game, they are no problem, however, when raiding, the lag caused by the sheer volume of various songs, spells and procs resulted in pets doing less damage if they had proccing weapons equipped.
    Having said that, there was a note in the last patch about improving performance, although I've not yet seen any parses to confirm one way or the other.
  3. Iven the Lunatic

Never had any lag with the magician pet using proc weps in group content.
  4. Xtor Zadamose Journeyman

Thank you for the replies. It stinks that raiders have to deal with something like that. I don't raid but it's good to have that information. It was hard to believe a dmg 3, delay 20 weapon could compare to a dmg 365 delay 20 weapon. The previous mage summoned weapons were dmg 180 delay 20. Huge difference between the two. I am not expecting my pet to suddenly do twice as much dmg but i am curious how much of an improvement i would see.