Tried personas, my gear vanished forever.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by kaevle, Dec 7, 2023.

1. kaevle New Member

Category: Other
    Date/Time: Thu Dec 07 16:36:32 2023

Character: Level 121 Ranger (Main)
    Zone: The Plane of Knowledge

Description: Hello! Thank you for taking the time to view this ticket. Today i was trying out the new Persona System for the first time and it deleted every item I had on my character, with no clear way to recover them. Below, i will give a step by step description of my experience.

First off, I am a 121 halfling ranger . After logging in today, i created my first persona, which was an Ogre Berserker. at this time, my inventory still appeared to be functioning as intended, i poked around and tried a few things out, got to level 5. After this i Swapped back and forth a couple times seeing how that worked, then decided to create another. This time I created a Halfling Rogue persona, but to my shock, once i zoned in as the level 1 rogue, All my bags had vanished, and all the gear i previously had was completely gone! I have checked my bank, item overflow, my parcels, and my item recovery. The equipment from my ranger (and the handful of items my berserker had) are completely gone. i also tried relogging
    Mukkul and Tuco like this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

I'm pretty sure we were all warned against using the new expansion-defining feature as this was a severe possibility probability in occurrence.

Yes, it sucks. They needed big red letters saying DO NOT USE ALTERNATE PERSONS OR YOUR CHARACTER WILL BE UNUSABLE.
    Joules_Bianchi, Jack, Allayna and 2 others like this.
  3. kaevle New Member

Whelp, ive been away, and never saw that warning :) but its important to collect data about how, when, and possibly why these things happen, right? im not blaming anyone just following the steps of a bug report
    Mukkul likes this.
  4. Tuco Augur

Good luck brother. My hope is that since this kind of issue was foreseeable they budgeted specific time to GMs and developers to assist you. If I was in your position I'd go above and beyond what a paying customer should need to do and contact developers directly in Discord and offer to help debug what happened.
  5. kaevle New Member

I also put in a petition regarding it. I haven't had a corrective measure yet, but my petition did quickly get a reply from someone telling me that it had been escalated and was being looked into.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is why I told the guild not to touch them.
    Joules_Bianchi and Fenthen like this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

When they put LS on the Test server, there was a warning message in the patch notes not to use Personas. After people started pointing it out and speculated that they wouldn't be in at launch, someone edited the message to remove the warning. Interpret that however you'd like. :D
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

The warning was in beta but there was no warning when it went live. Some may never have seen it, and others may have presumed that since the warning was removed it must have been fixed.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  9. Draklich New Member

On Thornblade persona's remove Augs from visible gear when you swap back. I have repeated it 4 times so far.
    Rondor likes this.
  10. Fidden Lorekeeper

If a feature is broken, it should never have been released to live. Bad QA!
    Yinla, Joules_Bianchi and Fenthen like this.
  11. Janakin Augur

Thing is with beta being so short there is no way they could have tested every possible scenario like upgrading a heroic character that does a heroic upgrade on a persona or someone doing shrouds on personas and losing items.

I view it as still in alpha and I am going to wait a good while until using...
    Mikana likes this.