15 Persona gear solution?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LawfulEvil, Dec 10, 2023.

1. LawfulEvil New Member

If I wanted to create 1 character with 15 other persona's, What in the heck do I do with all the gear if they are fully geared in class gear?
  2. Nightops Augur

what would you normally do with ~ 400 items?

Put them in 10 bags and problem solved.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

When people start buying 15 AP EQ will add an AP keyring.
    -----Cinexa----- and KushallaFV like this.
  4. Nicheven New Member

Create alts to hold your extra gear.
    Annastasya and Vumad like this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

At 1500 DBC a slot most likely.
  6. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Don't listen to them OP, go chaotic neutral.
    Cidran likes this.
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I was looking at buying the extra bag slot perk, looks like would make me lose my old $89/year renewal base rate.

So not gonna buy persona slots, with no where to put the gear.
  8. fransisco Augur

If you spend that much time playing the game, why not give it a few more dollars to support it? Cost per hour of entertainment of ANYTHING else is way higher.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Cirise (Juvia) Journeyman

Can't add perks on the frozen rate plans? Seems an odd restriction.
  10. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Next expansion is going to have Armory feature for managing Persona equipment.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

How many missions are we going to have to shave off for that feature?
  12. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Good news on that front, 2 is the new standard. So, no worries there.
  13. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

A single mission, 12 parts, one part released each month. However, all experience rewards will be divided by 16 as expectations are you have all 15 personas mission ready by then.
  14. KarmaKitty Augur

Cost is a bit much, but I doubt many will have a full set of personas until they support consumption of an alt. No doubt wanting the xfer of worn nodrop items as well. One would assume the process drops the alt to level 1 with 0 xp.
  15. KarmaKitty Augur

Each persona should have space for the worn items just like the primary character. One would hope there was some serious design issue involved there. Maybe caused hideous load times or something.
    Other solution is simple :D bigger bags.
  16. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

Bigger bags available for in-game and not just via Marketplace. The last tradeskilled bags were added over a decade ago.
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  17. Bernel Augur

I don't think they should solve this problem with bags. Bags are already so cumbersome with personas. Come up with an elegant solution for persona gear switching. For instance, use the inventory section of the persona tab. Here is the screen with my Cleric persona:

[IMG]

That gear tab on the Persona screen should be the extra storage for the persona's gear. Each persona gets those 23 gear slots to themselves. When I switch personas, gear doesn't go in the bags. Gear stays in the persona's tab.That gear section is like a bag in that I can pull stuff out and drop stuff in.

That gear layout on the left should dynamically switch as I highlight different personas. I shouldn't have to swap to the Druid persona to see the Druid's gear layout.

Gear juggling could be done straight from the persona tab. For instance, if I wanted to swap necklaces around, I grab it from the Cleric's persona tab, click on the Druid persona, and then drop the necklace into the Druid's neck slot. If the Druid has a necklace already there, it ends up on my cursor and I can drop it in a bag or gear it on a different persona.

Something like this would greatly simplify the gear issue with personas. Whether you had 1 or 15 personas, this would be an easy way to manage the gear for each one. We don't want to have to dig through bags to find all the gear.
    Ndaara, Risiko, Cidran and 5 others like this.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

Quite honestly, I think anyone outside of EQ reading the description of personas would probably expect it to work that way. The fact that it doesn't is kind of baffling.
    Ndaara, Yinla, Annastasya and 4 others like this.
  19. Angahran Augur

Well since you can only change personas in a fast camp zone the easy solution is keep all the gear in the bank.
  20. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

You then need to remember which bag holds the gear for what persona to switch it into your inventory prior to the swap. Doing that with 1 or 2 persona isn't too difficult. Doing that with multiples gets a bit... difficult. AND that does still tie up inventory slots (bank inventory or main) with the stuff of each persona. AND it adds to the amount of time needed to swap, no matter if it is in a location with a bank or not.

I do exactly this, have a bag in the bank that's for the swap with 1 persona. In addition to swapping the worn gear bag in and out, I then have to manually swap the not currently equipped items like instruments for a bard, alternate weapons, food/drink usable, etc.

Though I have discovered the Jann's veil + pirate gnome illusion + underbulk familiar can give a level 1 rogue over 1K HP and the merc trying to 'heal' the difference from normal level 1 HP with minor heal is a bit hilarious.