Why is the raid out of combat regen timer so long?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Atomos, Feb 10, 2023.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Again, why do you think that them adding in a timer to prevent stuff and being able to bypass it by camping or zoning is not a bug? This isn't the first time (and it won't be the last) that a long standing known bug has been left in the game and not fixed.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

FD dropping agro is not the same as camping or zoning to bypass a timer that was added to the game. They have also given more pulling tools around it to help classes use it for what was originally not intended. CH was later changed when it became apparent that HP growth was making it overpowered.
  3. Oldeqplayer Journeyman

Perhaps the fix is to give you a combat timer when you log in for 2 mins ... maybe remove the work around? Not sure why a work around dictates that the OOC timer should not exist.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

It's comical how many times a person will double, triple down on being wrong with absolutely no backing.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

For reference, this is the entire backbone of one side of the argument lol.
  6. CdeezNotes Augur

Why do you continually answer a question with a question? Please just answer the question of "can you provide hard proof/evidence" that it's a bug? If you cannot, please refrain from replying. It's a simple request. If you cannot provide it, that's fine.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You seem to be ignoring the argument that the timer that was created in the game being bypassed by zoning or camping is not something that is intended. Just because they don't fix one of the long standing bugs doesn't mean that it isn't a bug.
  8. looffy Journeyman

So you're saying a dev is suggesting people exploit a bug?
    https://imgur.com/a/xPRskjU
    OldTimeEQ1 and FranktheBank like this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am not saying people using it are exploiting, just that it is a bug.
  10. CdeezNotes Augur

Oh my. If people are taking advantage of a bug, they are exploiting that bug. You simply cannot talk your way out of it.
  11. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

As someone who has consistently over the past decade lobbied on these forums for many QoL changes to the game, specifically on TLP, I can get behind the idea of reducing or removing the 5 minute raid combat timers 100%.

After having read the majority of the last 6 pages of posts on this topic, I can safely say that I have yet to see a single coherent, well-thought out post as to why making this change would be in any way a detriment to the game. What I see mostly is grasping at straws in order to play the part of contrarian.

I think the fact that there is a well known bug that allows a player to bypass the 5 minute combat timer - by either logging out and back in or zoning - and that there has been no pushback by either players or developers to fix this bug, suggests that the need for a 5 minute combat timer is either low or non-existent.

I am of the opinion that a 30 second timer would suffice, but even a 60 second timer would be preferable to the current situation. Anything longer is just an inconvenience without genuine purpose.
  12. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Sorry but what well known bug?? People need to stop making stuff up to make themselves sound important.

Please post links to a dev confirming this is a bug. Thank you.
  13. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Is it then your assertion that relogging or zoning to clear a raid combat timer is intended gameplay? And if the combat timer can be circumvented, then why have the timer at all?

Even if your assumption that this is NOT a bug is correct, then it still begs the question: What purpose does a 5 minute timer after a raid encounter serve other than to artificially slow down gameplay? Would not a 30 even 60 second timer be sufficient if the intent is to prevent people from gaining OOC regen during an encounter?

I do find it interesting that you seem to be focusing heavily on whether or not the ability to bypass the combat timer is or isn't a bug, rather than arguing the merits for keeping or removing the 5 minute raid combat timer.

If what you say is true, and it is not a bug, then what would be the issue with removing the extra steps to bypass the timer and just allowing players to be out of combat 30 seconds after an encounter has ended? It would not only reduce lag on the server to not have people zoning or logging out and back in, but it would also streamline the player experience to not have to jump through hoops just to gain out of combat regen and be able to cast certain spells.

Lets assume for a moment that it IS a bug. Why have they not fixed it? It must be low priority, so they don't really have much issue with people gaining OOC regen quickly after an encounter, which again, is an argument in favor of removing the 5 minute timer in favor of a 30 second timer like group encounters have.
  14. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Be verbose all you want. Answer this, specific to this topic, or keep waxing eloquent with your views.

I am all for reducing the OOC timer, but I am not making sweeping assertions.

Where is it confirmed as a "well-known bug" ?

How about those clamoring it is a bug, post it in the bug forum (proper channels instead of declarations?) and let dev respond?
  15. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

You seem to be quite focused on this one particular aspect that is tangential to the issue at hand. It does not matter if this is a bug or not. It bears no consequence to the issue of the 5 minute raid timer being, at best, an inconvenience to smooth gameplay. The topic of this thread is to discuss the reduction or removal of the 5 minute raid combat timer - not to debate the existence of a bug.

If you agree that the timer for raid encounters should be the same as for group encounters, then we have no argument. Please stop trying to manufacture one.
  16. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Well, I will bow out as long as you accept your "well known bug" statement was untrue.

Deal?
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yo crazy idea, Tranquil Blessings doesnt hit players in combat. Now Waring is on the side of sane people right??
  18. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

If semantics are that important to you, I suppose we could agree on "well-known workaround" so long as it satisfies your urgent need to be right. Whatever it takes to end this interaction that is inconsequential to the topic at hand.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't change that being able to bypass the timer by zoning or camping is a bug and that tranquil blessing is just one example of an ability that was given to players that was designed to work only in ooc regen mode.
  20. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yeah but this thread isn't about the bug, it's about reducing the timer.

Your argument was that the timer shouldn't be shorter because an ability like Tranquil Blessings is unbalanced mid-fight when you only have to wait 30 seconds to use it. If Tranquil Blessings can't land on players that are in combat it wouldn't matter if one player drops aggro and CAN use it, it wouldn't work as the other ~50 players in the raid ARE in combat.

What other abilities require out of combat mode to use besides like Fellowship tokens because this feels like you are just arguing a side to argue and not really being constructive.
    McJumps likes this.