help - reporting exploit

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by hiallya, Dec 9, 2023.

1. hiallya New Member

hi, I need to report an exploit and the instructions in this thread for reporting exploits don't work, there is no "report" option. Let me know what to do.

Thanks
  2. Gialana Augur

3. Soulbanshee Augur

Theres 4 links for that in the post.
  4. hiallya New Member

Yep. And they didn't work.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Then you have a javascript/ad blocker/tracking blocker.

Or what do you think happens? Theres a form to report and you enter the exploit then thats it. Theres nothing else.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

you do have to be logged into these forums for the links to work
  7. hiallya New Member

Man, I always forget how confrontational people are here. After Gailana's reply, I tried it again after NO CHANGES on my end, and it worked.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Glad it worked. And yes, lots of folks are pretty confrontational. Sometimes with good reason. Sometimes not. Thank you for caring enough to try and stop an exploit.
    Fanra likes this.
  9. Chaoslayer Journeyman

I think the official EverQuest forums may be one of the most toxic places. I’m guessing a 25 year old game is full of old grumps. I love the game but I quit reading the forums very often.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Wow, you sure jumped my rear for a simple suggestion. I was not being confrontational. I have no idea if the other posters were being confrontational as I was just looking for anything not in those posts that you had not already tried. Too bad you took it that way. You would be surprised at how often it is the simple things in this game that work.

I knew about the logging in thing because the first time I tried to file on a toxic player I went thru the help section on the main site and they said to come here. So I did, was not logged in and finally gave up on trying to file that one because I did not understand you had to be logged in. And when I had first read your post and I also could not click the links and then I remembered.

Just like the ignore feature for these forums only works if your logged in.

And how often no changes are made and it is magically fixed.
  11. magikarp Elder

Just send it to me, I’ll report it for ya