Laurion Song Picks

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razorfall, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Velisaris_MS Augur

I couldn't even tell how many were in LI because anytime I did a /who for the zone, it always said the request was cut short because there are too many players. What's the cutoff number for a /who?
  2. strongbus Augur

think its round 100 i could do it and see 96 one min and then 5 mins later get the request was cut short
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  3. uberkingkong Augur

Thats where the missions are, should be no limit to people, because people looking to do mission, can't find anyone if there is a bunch of instances.

Does your server not have someone a roleplayer casting buffs in the Inn?

Smell the roses, enjoy the company of the other people on your server,

btw, you can do kill tasks while in raid. So if people get together, you can do kill tasks for everyone in that zone.

Community community
    Roleplaying roleplaying

How is your server community roleplaying wise?
    1. Got buffer in Laurion Inn?
    2. Raids forming hunter, killtask quests?
    Too sweaty or what.

EQ
    is an MMORPG
    not no MMObox, not no MMOinstances.
    MMORPG RoleplayinGame

Everyone loves the raids especially if its working. Setup a raid, do everyone's kill task for everyone, everyone participate.
    kill 1 mob on the kill task, everyone gets the update.

Too many greedy boxers, selfish.
  4. Marton Augur

@ UKK:

You either need more meds or a longer vacation.
    Kaenneth, Ndaara, Szilent and 5 others like this.
  5. strongbus Augur

You seem to want roleplaying back. Sorry but not going happen roleplaying in most if not all mmorpg is dead. Its been dead in eq for at lest 10+ years. And while I seen people do raids(that not a raid target) for stuff its always been when doing hunter. My guild will sometimes go in and do raids as a guild for merc quest but that it.
  6. Fleebagg Journeyman

I can't take him seriously about wanting roleplay back. He's posting in English and not ape or gorilla. :D
    Sissruukk likes this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And you are nailing it. Heh heh.
  8. Allayna Augur

You're doing mercenary of LI wrong if you aren't filling a raid with 72 people who need it and killing the bare minimum required mobs.

But on to serious issues, LI should have things like, a banker, a parcel vendor, etc...

Why are there level 5 mobs? They aren't for any of the quests.... just more NPC clutter/lag creation.
    Kaenneth and Fenthen like this.
  9. Micker99 Augur

There is a parcel vendor and that in the Inn. I think those level 5 mobs are pretty cool and give it a woodsy feel. But I did think there was a quest with those also lol.
    Rijacki likes this.
  10. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

There are still roleplayers in EQ. However, having /pick to load balance a zone has absolutely nothing to do with roleplaying and roleplayers use it, too, when they don't want to have to compete for 100+ other players in a zone because those of us who role play -and- play the game with its mechanics (vs those who want to only just sit and chat and emote at each other someplace*) know how to use the game features and functions.

*Totally valid playstyle but also not those who would be doing anything outside of a location they can do only that. Those who RP -and- adventure can easily play their characters in the adventure locations while doing adventure content while also using game mechanics to do so as effectively as one who doesn't play a character
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

I didn't know that raids worked with merc tasks...good to know.

I think I saw a parcel merchant on the second floor.

I'm OK with "flavor" mobs in a zone, but there's no reason to make them attackable. They should just be scenery, like trees and bushes. I'm pretty sure there are other zones in the game that have mobs like that. I know there are zones that have fish that are just decorations, even though they swim around.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

Immersion. Also the fact the level 5 mobs have like 10k hitpoints each.
  13. Allayna Augur

Meh. I think we disagree here, it’s a RPG, there is a finite amount of coding resources clearly, but was wasted coding level 5 mobs… and they were bugged, dropping collection pieces on beta, requiring more work….

Like the merchant NPC in Unkempt Woods flagged as armor but sells only padded armor? To level 120-125? The Augs and gear that can’t be equipped until max level? It isn’t very progressive immersion based itemization when after you’ve completed all the questing for the expansion, grinding over 1100 mobs in 2 days, aren’t max level and thus can’t equip anything. (Not that it matters much for raiders, but I’d be pretty discouraged as a casual player who maybe had 30 min - 1 hour a day and took months to level to the point where you could equip the gear that’s been rotting in your bags for months.

But spend more time coding level 5, non quest mobs, non experience mobs in the newest content when there is a laundry list of bugs that were never addressed in beta and were pushed live.

I hope they look hard at the diminishing return they have gotten in this expansion and make some changes for more content and less fluff.
    FranktheBank likes this.
  14. Micker99 Augur

There REALLY needs to be a pick for LS Inn zone. It is crazy crowded, people fighting over camps(now there are camps again?). Was killing a named and someone came up and stole it away. Said they were camping the area lol. Ok how big of an area can you claim? Just creating bad vibes right now. The mad rush for the new weapons, that is a massive upgrade for everyone, is creating issues.
  15. FranktheBank Augur

This is why "camps" are awful and the current rules are better :)
    Micker99 likes this.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Use / count
    with a space in there
    Mikana, Sancus, Zunnoab and 2 others like this.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

Didn't even know what was a thing. I'll try it...thanks.
  18. Zunnoab Augur

I had no idea the "who" is optional in /who count
    Sancus likes this.
  19. Zarkdon Augur

What is more selfish than wanting people to stand around and buff you because there aren't enough mobs for them to be able to go out and enjoy the expansion they bought? Some people have very limited time to play, because they have obligations outside this game. Why would we want to selfishly impede their ability to progress through the expansion simply to satisfy your strange fetish with wanting EverQuest to be some sort of true-box RPG only game?

You say a lot of strange things, but to actively call people selfish for wanting to play a game they paid for, has to be the strangest you've come up with so far.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Anyone heard of an ETA on fixing the pick zones?
    Marton likes this.