Confirmed Death and banked aa lost after removing persona.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Beldrune, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Beldrune Apprentice

95 Shadowknight main on FV. Removed persona (level 1 paladin I just created to try it out) and hired a new mercenary. I got buffs for myself and merc, and was hanging out in my guild's hall after. Character dropped dead while i was standing there chatting, for no reason. Got message that said "You have gained -190 ability point(s)! You now have 0 ability point(s)," This was the amount of AA I had banked from doing progression and a few collections.
    bgator3579 likes this.
  2. Bernel Augur

How did you remove your persona? I didn't think that was supported. I thought that once you created it, it was with your character forever.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I think they mean switched back to their main from persona.
  4. Bilbo Backpackens Lorekeeper

Admittedly don't know if this is persona related, but I've never had this happen before.

Took a 111 SK and created a paladin persona to test the system out for myself. In the process of leveling from 1 to 11 yesterday and today, I have twice gone from half health to death from hits that should not have killed me.

In the latest instance, my hp bar was a little over 50% of a total of 630hp (level 11, most slots with crude defiant stuff) when I took a four hits for 2 damage each from a Crescent Reach cave bear and immediately died. No bleeding out even, just dead. I know I was at half health because I had just cast a Minor Healing on myself to get over 50% before I engaged.
  5. Bilbo Backpackens Lorekeeper

Ok, made a druid persona on the same character, went to PoK... and died. No damage taken yet on this character at all. Just died out of nowhere.
  6. Herf Augur

HAHAHAHA! That's awesome :)

I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at the failure of the persona system.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

What you described almost sounds like some sort of hp buff/aura issue where something boosts your hp, and then when you get hit (or zone) there's some sort of lag that removes the buff for a split second and makes the game think you took enough damage to kill you.
  8. Bilbo Backpackens Lorekeeper

That would be a hell of a lag spike. I was in PoK on my 111 SK, made a wood elf druid persona on the character creation that popped up, spawned in Kelethin, ran around the city (didn't fall), zoned to PoK, bought some spells in the library, perused the bazaar for gear, picked up that gear from the parcel npc and equipped it, then died on my way to the Freeport stone.

Not saying you're wrong, we've all seen the lag these past years. Just thought I should put context to the timing.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.