Toon reached 125 within two hours of launch - How?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elenderil, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

I had saved up 600 collection dispensers from the last year and a half. Ended up at 125 with about 140 of them left and 5 expansions completed.

I forgot about pre-doing most of the clicking before release so it took me hours.
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

Shouldn't have needed that many, 6-7 at the most assuming he had a headstart from 15 research overseers too.
  3. Koutarou_E'ci Elder

Everything was changed to flat 2% a while ago, except only the ones you get for fully completing the whole expansion's collections for the first couple.
  4. Zunnoab Augur

This is one of those "problems" that doesn't need fixing, most often by rendering rewards virtually useless. If someone bothered to horde stuff to this extreme, well grats them.
    Kaenneth, Herf, Rijacki and 5 others like this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

100% agree. OP topic post pops up every level increase.

"Soandso leveled to max in x minutes/hours/days! It's not fair!"
    "Max level in minutes. They gotta be cheating!"

:rolleyes:
    Rijacki, Nennius and Fenthen like this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

The more people talk about players storing up collectibles to hit the level cap in a couple of hours, the more likely it will be for some dev to take notice and just decide to remove the xp reward component altogether.

I'm just saying...
    Dre. likes this.
  7. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

That sounds logical. I bet the speed bump becomes you have to be in the vicinity of where the collectibles are collected to get their reward. A content experiencing speedbump.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Last time I completed sets from RoF, CotF and TBM (about 1.5 years ago), they were still the old format (fixed amount of XP, so not much if you're high level). Was the change you mentioned since then?

All other expacs have collect sets that do indeed award 2% for completion.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

I think they went back and adjusted the xp rewards to always be 2% (and autogranted) some time after ToL, when the rewards were changed to be autogranted instead of having to choose either xp or AA. I might be wrong, but I think it was around that time.
    Tatanka likes this.
  10. Flatchy Court Jester

It really does not matter if they take it away or not. As I stated earlier , Its basically a one time Hack. Once you are current it ceases to be a thing.
    alanus and Fenthen like this.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

25 min for one, 45 for another lmao insanity..
  12. Zarkdon Augur

Soandso was better prepared than I was and now I have to cry about them being level 125 before me!
    code-zero, Kaenneth, Tatanka and 2 others like this.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This was collectibles + ToV / ToL achievements + LS achievements.

Nothing spicy or earth-shattering. :D
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Cicelee Augur

I guess I don't get the big deal either way. We are all going to hit 125 if we play the game. It could be in March, January, Christmas, first weekend, first day. Who cares? I made a comment day 1 in guild chat that it was insane (not actual word) but then thought about it.

Heck those who are 125 just get bored earlier than others.
    Tallie, Nennius and Grove like this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

And an expansion idea is born.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

If anything, I feel Darkpaw should lean the other way - make it an achievement:

[Reach Level 125 Within 24 Hours Of Expansion Release] 10 Points

Maybe a suffix title reward: "the Rushed"
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

Because leveling is the absolutely most god-awful and annoying part of the game on Live servers. The faster you get through it, the faster you can actually start enjoying the expansion and using the new gear.
  18. Zunnoab Augur

They really do critically over-use max-level requirements, considering recommend level is a thing.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

I agree. If I want to put a t3 group weapon on my level 1 alt, I should be able to...the "recommended level" restriction would scale it down.
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. minimind The Village Idiot

I know everyone is saying "collections", but I completed 1/4 or 1/3 of the NoS collections on Day 1 and it only got me ~40% of level 121. Are there people who saved up multiple expansions worth of collections to get from 120 to 125?